I have the best job on campus. There's no question about it. I honestly don't even know how I got the job. When I told my family I got a job working in the computer labs on campus they all just laughed at me and asked, "do you even know anything about computers???"
Rude. Anyway, I applied to work in the computer labs because a friend of mine worked here and told me it was the best job (free printing, you get to do homework at work, and lots of cool people). So I applied, not thinking very much of it, and got the job! I was happy to have a very easy-going, stress free job because I am kind of a perfectionist when it comes to school so I couldn't have a job that got in the way of my school work. Anyway, later I found out that over 100 people applied when I did and only like 7 people got hired. So seriously, I am VERY lucky and VERY blessed to have the best job on campus!
So here's some more reasons why I have the best job: I get PAID to take classes to learn sweet programs like InDesign, Photo Shop, Illustrator, etc., I work with some of the funniest people EVER and love them all, I have gotten a lot of experience with customer service and teaching people these programs I have learned, and we're allowed to do homework! I also get to walk around to all the computer labs on campus and basically sit and talk with the people working there too. It's seriously SO much fun and I just have loved working here!
Today, I am SO grateful to have such a great job!
P.S. This whole focus on being grateful has REALLY helped my attitude about everything, so even if no one reads these, it really is a great reminder to myself of counting my blessings and having a positive attitude! Like today I didn't want to go to work, but I turned that negative thought around by thinking about how grateful I am to even have this job! Works like a charm! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment