Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Best Moment of my Life! :)

Two blog posts in a day... I'm on a ROLL today! But I just had to share this story because it is pretty much the best moment of my life (okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but it is definitely up there!)

So I've always known I wanted to be a teacher, but not just any teacher. I wanted to be Miss Honey (you can read about that blog post here). I just love how much she cares about her students and she is just such a sweetie pie! Anyway, in my class we are reading the book Matilda. Yesterday we got to the chapter called Miss Honey. My teacher had everyone close their eyes and picture in their minds what Miss Honey is like and if she reminds them of anyone they know. So she read the passage about Miss Honey having light brown hair, a timid voice, and how she is liked by every child in her care. My teacher then had the class open their eyes and share their ideas of who Miss Honey reminds them of... The first two kids said their moms, but then the next kid said "MRS. RICHINS!" and pretty much the whole class went crazy saying "me too, me too, me too!"

It felt like I had just won an Oscar. I wanted to jump out of my chair and curtsy! Thank you for making my whole life complete little second graders! I have never received a better compliment! :)

3 comments:

  1. omg. this is seriously the best thing ever. seriously. seriously. seriously. :):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! That IS a good story! You are Miss Honey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. But can you use a sexy/somewhat creepy voice to ask your students if they can do long division?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...