Sometimes I get really discouraged about why I'm even going to school if I'm just going to be a mom anyway. The thought of quitting school literally crosses my mind everyday. I really just have a bad attitude about the POINT of school sometimes and so today I am writing this post to remind myself WHY I'M ENDURING TO THE END! (Which is only like six months away...so I just need to stop being such a baby!!!)
I really do love learning and I am so grateful for all the education I have received. Even though I am just going to be a stay at home mom, you never know what life is going to throw at you. Maybe Landon will lose his job. Maybe I will want to go back to work when my kiddos are all grown up. Maybe I will be able to run a preschool from my own home. Regardless of where my life takes me, I will be prepared. If I do need to work, I will be able to do something that I absolutely LOVE! And I feel like my major will definitely prepare me for being a mom. I have learned all about infant and child development and I just am so comfortable with kids. I really hope that even if I don't end up teaching, my education has at least prepared me to be a better person! So today, I am grateful for my education at BYU!
I think it amusing that with ONLY 6 months to go you are having this struggle!!! I never thought I'd finish school but I'm so glad that I did. It is so true that you never know where life will lead, and once you have your education, no one can take that away from you! Hang in there, you're so close!
ReplyDeleteYour goal may be to be a mommy and not need the degree to do that job but however your babies arent going to be babies forever! =) You did it right!! went to school, got married and than babies.. I got married had the babies(still trying to grow the family) and will be going to school when my babies are in school! I think its important for women to be an example towards their children. You can expect them to go to school even if they say its hard cause you can say mommy did it so you can too! Plus when they get older and dont need you as much you will have something to lean on! I think its wonderful your getting your education! if you quit now you will regret it forever!
ReplyDelete