Through this whole experience of recognizing something I'm grateful for everyday, I have learned a very valuable lesson. One that isn't going to end just because I'm done with these gratitude posts... Having an attitude of gratitude allows me to recognize God's hand in everything and also helps me to realize how blessed I truly am! I have been in such a happy mood lately, and I think it's because my focus has been on the GOOD things I have and not on the other daily trials and worries that sometimes becomes my focus.
I think it's a GREAT idea to have a gratitude journal and write down the little things that make you so blessed. That way, when you are going through a rocky patch, you can whip out your gratitude journal and remember those things that truly make you happy in life.
So for my final day, I'm going to list a few things that didn't really make it into my other posts (there are just WAY too many)
- warm blankets, warm socks, and hot chocolate on a cold day
- the sun that rises every day :)
- my college experience (roommates, football games, dances, new friends)
- missionaries! (especially my very own Sister Christensen and soon to be Sister Buma!! AND the missionaries that helped bring the gospel to my parents.)
- my puppies
- opportunities to go camping/hiking in our BEAUTIFUL state
- sunny days
- my cell phone
- my husband's singing voice that makes me MELT
- General Conference
- my ability to cook and bake
- SURPRISES (like Landon's brother Tanner that came from California and surprised us yesterday and my sister Emma that flew in from NYC a few weeks ago to surprise us!)
- my closet full of clothes
- snowy days
- my passion for children and taking care of them (hopefully that will help me when I become a momma)
- good movies
- experiences that have challenged me and taken me WAY out of my comfort zone, because that is when I learned the most
- The power of prayer and personal revelation
- good books
- fluffy clouds! :)
- Landon Dean Richins! I know my first post was about him, but I wanted to include him one more time because he is the thing I am most grateful for, other than the gospel (which, they both go hand in hand). He is literally my SUNSHINE. Even after a year of marriage, my heart still skips a beat when I see him and my whole face lights up! He is my best friend and has taught me so much! He isn't afraid to say exactly how he is feeling, which to me is true honesty. He stands up for what he believes in. He stands up for ME. He believes in me and sometimes makes me do hard things because he knows I CAN. He is SO smart and works so hard for his family. He loves with his WHOLE heart and even though he may not seem like it, he is a SOFTY! He loves kids and wants to be a dad SO much (especially to a little girl! ahhh melt my heart!) He follows his dreams and his passions. He has a strong testimony of the gospel and honors his priesthood. He strives to be better every day and sets goals. He is HILARIOUS and makes me laugh all day everyday. He makes me want to be better. I don't wanna get too mushy on the blog, but I cannot express how grateful I am for this boy! He is my EVERYTHING! I love you sweetheart.
I could go on and on.... but I should save some for my gratitude journal :)
Here's a little Mormon Message based off the talk "Living in Thanksgiving Daily" by Joseph Wirthlin (I would TOTALLY recommend reading it with your family this Thanksgiving, or just watching this short clip!) Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!
So...when are you going to have that little girl????
ReplyDelete