Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 12

Every Friday morning I take the death bus. I call it the death bus because it leaves at 5:35 a.m... need I say more? Anyway, normally I am obviously not the happiest person in the world at this hour, but this morning I decided to turn on my radio. As I jammed to the new Rascal Flatt's song, I was suddenly wide awake and much more chipper. By the time I reached the bus stop, I was in a much better mood, all thanks to some upbeat music! The whole bus ride down I listened to some of my favorite songs and it really wasn't a "death" bus at all! I had a very pleasant ride to Provo, all thanks to some sweet tunes!

Today I am really grateful for music! Growing up, I have always LOVED music. Some of my fondest memories consist of me sitting at the piano while my daddy played and sang The Beatles for me. Or going on family road trips and singing our "family song" or other silly songs. Music just has this power to make people HAPPY. Hymns and other spiritual songs invite The Spirit in such a special and powerful way. Music and songs also help put my feelings into words about how I feel about my family, friends, the gospel, and my Landon. I love having songs that remind me of Landon and just listening to them makes me smile. Or songs that remind me of a silly memory of a music video made with friends in 8th grade (It's getting cold in here...). I just LOVE music so much and I can't imagine my life without it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...