In honor of Veteran's Day, today I am ESPECIALLY grateful for all the men and women who sacrifice their lives to protect my family and me. My big brother Nick is in the Navy and I am so proud of him. It really makes me cry just thinking about the sacrifices he is making every day for this country. It means he doesn't get to spend as much time with his wife and kids as he would like, but I know without people like him we wouldn't have this amazing country. I can't imagine having to spend weekends, weeks, months, and even years without my husband, and we don't even have children yet. It brings me to tears just thinking about it and I really can't even express how grateful I am to our service men and women who do lose precious time of watching their children grow up, or even lose their lives... Veterans deserve so much more honor and praise than we give and I know this post does not do them any justice. All I can say is thank you thank you thank you!!! I'm so lucky and SO proud to be an American and I will never forget those that serve or have served for my freedom!
No comments:
Post a Comment