My first impression of Landon was that he was the coolest person I'd ever met (and that he had a cute smile. Ha! You can read all about it here). He just has an adventurous soul and there really isn't anything he can't do.
Ever since he was a little boy he dreamed of being a commercial pilot for his career, but his back up plan of being an engineer became his reality when we realized how hard it would be to support a family on the salary of a pilot. We talked about it a lot and decided that if Landon couldn't be a pilot for his job, he would still need to have flying as part of his life. He is just born to fly and is so passionate about it.
Flying small planes as a hobby is pretty darn expensive, but we managed to make it work while we were living in Oregon without a baby and with both of us working.
Here's the video of my first flight with Landon when he purposely stalled the plane without telling me TO SCARE ME! Little stinker. You can hear the stall horn throughout the whole video, and I was just too distracted by the scenery to notice... I thought we were going down!!!
Once we moved to Utah, had a baby, and went down to one income, flying small airplanes just wasn't a possibility. So Landon decided to get into paragliding which then led to paramotoring (which is like paragliding but with a motor on your back).
It really is so much fun to watch him fly and to see how happy it makes him. We've actually had a rough 6 months over here (which I can't really get into now...) but thankfully this paramotor has lifted Landon's spirits, which of course lifts mine.
I get comments from people all the time (including complete strangers who pull over on the side of the road to watch him) how I'm a good sport or a good wife. But the thing is, I just love him so much and I love seeing him happy. There isn't anything I wouldn't do to make him happy! Isn't that what marriage is all about?
Charlie LOVES to watch Landon fly. Is is the cutest thing watching his face light up when he sees his Daddy flying. I just hope he doesn't get any ideas.. ;)
By the way, Landon is still the coolest person I know, just in case you were wondering. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment