July 15, 2009 (dating for 4 months and 10 days)
As I little girl you dream about how you will be proposed to. Some girls want a big fancy production, I just wanted the romance... just me and him.
Well, I don't think Landon and I had ever talked about how I wanted to be proposed to, but he knew me well enough to know it was not going to be in front of anyone else. He wouldn't want it any other way either.
It was just a normal day. I had work all day and Landon had school. We made dinner together and as we were cleaning up I asked Landon if he wanted to go on our walk now. He said yes, but it was too hot down in the valley so he suggested we go up to the mountains.
We had been ring shopping for a few weeks now, and I definitely had found "the one" but Landon wanted to keep looking just in case I found something I liked better. We literally went ring shopping the day before, so I really wasn't suspicious of a proposal anytime soon because he didn't even have the ring (or so I thought...) Plus, we weren't planning on getting married until February (we moved it up from the Spring, because that just seemed too far away).
We went to South Fork park up in Provo Canyon, the place where his parents got engaged. We had been there a few times before to walk around, so my mind is still completely oblivious. We walked around the river together, throwing rocks, teasing each other, and just enjoying the cool breeze of the canyon. Landon was acting different though... definitely more quiet than usual.
We stopped at this tree by the river that was full of knots. I was turned around looking at the tree and I turned back around to see Landon on his knee asking me to marry him. He was holding a wooden box, the one that they give you at Wilson's, so I knew he had the ring of my dreams.
I will never ever ever forget that feeling. So much joy I thought I was going to burst. I screamed for a few minutes before I finally gave him my answer...YES!
It was absolutely perfect. Romantic, just us, and in the gorgeous mountains.
Later I found out that Landon wasn't even sure when he was going to propose until that night! He had the ring for a few weeks and was thinking about different ways he could propose, one of those being in an airplane... But I'm glad he did it the way he did! Totally spontaneous and out of the blue that I had NO suspicion of what was about to happen. If he would've taken me flying, I definitely would have known something was up because that was so out of the ordinary.
I am so happy that Landon asked me to be his forever.
After being engaged for a few days we decided to move our wedding date to December 30, 2009.
After being engaged for a few months, we decided to move our wedding date again. November 25, 2009... Nine months after our first date.
We just couldn't wait to start our forever!




No comments:
Post a Comment