Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Co-Pilot

Tonight I flew with Landon for the first time. Needless to say, I was scared out of my mind and excited all at the same time!


This may look like a happy face, but this is actually my "scared out of my mind" face!

For about the first twenty minutes, I was just completely SHAKING because I was so scared.

Then after I got used to the bumps and the sounds of the airplane I relaxed a bit.


There's my REAL happy face :)

It was SO amazing to see Landon in his element, doing the thing that he loves most. It was adorable hearing him talking to the towers and communicating with other airplanes. It was all unbelievable and one of the coolest experiences I've had to date :)


Landon is in HEAVEN! This is definitely where he belongs.


Isn't he cute!

In this next video you'll hear an alarm going off the whole time. Landon told me about this alarm before we started flying to let me know that means the plane is about to stall (the wings lose their lift) and then the plane will start to fall. Landon meant to do this stall, but I was completely oblivious to the blaring alarm and just enjoying the scenery when all of the sudden I see the propeller pretty much stop and then we just started dropping! You'll see my reaction in the video! For about half a second I thought we were about to die, then I realized it was just a stall! :)



We got to do 7 landings, which was really fun. They are called "touch and go's



Landon wasn't too happy with this landing, but I thought they were all great!

And here's a video of a take-off


Pilot and co-pilot :)


Oregon is GORGEOUS. Have you ever seen so much GREEN?!

Such a perfect night! I LOVE MY PILOT!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. How cool! You're pretty brave :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome! I love flying. I've flown in some small commercial planes, but never one that small. That would be an experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O my gosh! He's so amazing! and pretty dang cute too:) I love u! momma:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HANNAH!! I can't believe you were flying with Landon! That is sooo cool! :) I love it!! This is Jenna by the way in case I am not on here haha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...