Monday, June 27, 2011

Part 2: He Found Me

February 28, 2009

Fast forward five months and I'm a whole new person. I'm single and LOVING it. I'm happy with who I am and know what I want in life. I realize that I can't settle for anyone and I am not even interested in seriously dating anyone for at least six months. I have about 5 different crushes with no intentions of following through.

I gave a talk in church earlier that day and even though I rarely went to our ward's gathering every Sunday night, I decided to head over to the clubhouse with my roommates for ward prayer.

Landon rarely went to ward prayer either, but when he saw me that morning giving a talk he remembered meeting me five months ago and decided he would go to ward prayer that night looking for me :)

Well, when I saw Landon and his roommate Jared I walked over and started our conversation off right where we left off... talking about my fish Gilbert (who was still alive by the way). Being the flirty girl I had recently become I began to tell both of them how I spent Saturday night with my girl friends and how we snuggled and then continued to invite both of them to join us in our snuggle parties.

I walked away, still thinking nothing of it.

In our ward we had a tradition where you could write "love notes" to other people in the ward and they would be delivered every Sunday night.

That night, I got a love note from Landon that said, "Good to have you back. Tell Gilbert I'm sorry :( Come over to 135 anytime."

He got a love note from me that said, "I'm excited for our snuggle party" But this love note was actually addressed to his apartment... not just to him. I was definitely not in the market for settling down with just one person. No thank you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...