September 2008.
I had just transferred from Utah State to BYU. For some reason, USU never clicked with me and I just felt like I needed to be at BYU. I decided to live at Glenwood (heavens knows why.... it's rightly nicknamed "the hood") with complete strangers and felt like a freshman all over again.
At this time in my life, I was definitely conflicted. I was writing my high school sweetheart and dating another boy from high school. I always knew deep down that neither of these boys were for me, but I just couldn't let go. I think it had a lot to do with feeling insecure and scared that if I dropped either one of them, no one else would have me. Why are girls so silly?
Anyway, I was coming home from hanging out with my boyfriend at the time and it was past "curfew" by five minutes. Landon's roommate Jared, was a friend of mine in the ward and I walked past his apartment, sneakily of course (we're talking about honor code violations here!) and luckily for me, the door to his apartment was open and Jared "caught" me sneaking in late. Of course he had to tease me for sneaking in so late, and in the process his roommate, Landon walked out to see what was going on. I really didn't think much of our meeting, to be quite honest. I am a loyal girl and was not single.... The thought of Landon being cute really didn't cross my mind. We talked about my fish Gilbert and Landon actually kind of made fun of me for having a beta fish. We laughed and talked for maybe five minutes, and then I was off. A few weeks later Jared told me that I "made quite the impression on Landon." Still, I didn't think anything of it.
Landon on the other hand was thinking that I was cute and seemed different from the other girls in our ward...
And that's where our story would've ended... if I hadn't given a talk in Sacrament meeting February 28, 2009 (5 months later)

No comments:
Post a Comment