March 5, 2009 (Thursday)
Throughout the week we corresponded via facebook, classy huh?
Hannah: Landon! I'm so happy we've rekindled our friendship! p.s. Gilbert accepts your apology.
Landon: haha im so glad we have too! good cause i fealt really bad ;) so when are you coming over?
Hannah: You should feel bad, because Gil is my best friend. Don't let me forget to make a video for you guys by Sunday! Oh wait, I actually won't be at church this sunday... but anyway I can come over anytime!
Landon: you can come over anytime. i work tomorrow and wednesday but you could come over thursday night if you like and well watch a movie or something ;)
Hannah: Ok sounds good! My friend Trina will be with me too so I hope that's ok! She is coming down from Sandy. Anyway, just call me or text me :)
This is the part of the story that cracks me up. I invited Trina along to our first date :)
Like I said, I was in NO WAY interested in dating anybody seriously, so I wasn't going to allow my first time hanging out with Landon to turn into a date...
So on Thursday night, Trina and I walked down the hallway at Glenwood to apartment 135 together. We ate ice cream and talked and laughed and around 10 Trina said she had to go home.
I don't know what happened, but some switch flipped on in my brain and I wasn't ready to say goodbye to Landon. So I walked Trina to her car and walked right back to apartment 135.
Landon and I sat in his kitchen just talking and talking and talking and talking. I am a shy person at first, and I usually don't share my life story with a complete stranger, but Landon just didn't feel like a stranger to me. It was like I had always known him and I wanted to tell him everything and wanted to hear all about him. I thought he was so cool--he was a private pilot studying computer/electrical engineering, played the guitar, was a great swimmer/water polo player, snowboarder, etc. Plus, he had a great smile. I'm a sucker for cute smiles :) What really got me was hearing him talk about his family. I knew that Landon really cherished his mother and had a great relationship with his family. His family was number one, truly. I also found out that he coached swimming, to little kids. Oh boy... I was completely snatched at this point. A boy that is all about his family, has some way awesome hobbies, and is good with kids?! Icing on the cake!!!
I guess I told Landon how I was planning on serving a mission and he thought his chances with me were over. But he listened to me talk about how big my family was and how important they are to me. He heard me talk about kids and how passionate I was about teaching. He began to think that I would be a really great mom because I was good with kids and a "family girl" too.
We talked about our dreams, favorite movies, where we have traveled to, our friends, the gospel, our philosophies on raising children, favorite music and musicians, etc. I told Landon that I was short and he looked me in the eyes and told me I was "perfect"... my heart started pounding :)
Before we knew it, it was 4 a.m. (way past BYU's curfew)!
I left feeling like maybe this Landon was different and definitely VERY cute, but I still had no intentions of anything more than a simple crush...

That is a very sweet story! :) I love hearing "how we met" stories!
ReplyDeleteMore, more!!
ReplyDelete