Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies

I am pretty picky with my chocolate chip cookies. They have to be small, chewy, and have a perfect ratio of chocolate chips. I really don't like to brag, but I make the best chocolate chip cookies. I've never tasted a better cookie in my life. But I can't even take the credit because I didn't come up with the recipe, so I don't even feel bad for bragging :)

This recipe comes from my mother-in-law, Suzette! I've compared this recipe to other recipes out there and I know why this recipe is the best... more of the good stuff aka chocolate chips, butter, and sugar. Mmmm!

Here's the recipe folks:

Pre-heat oven to 350

Combine the following ingredients and mix 'em all together.
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/3 cup butter (almost three sticks...that's why they taste like heaven!)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
Then add:
  • 3 cups flower
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt

Honestly, I think I add a little more than 3 cups of flour. Probably more like 3 1/2 or even 4 cups. The texture has to be just right or else you will have flat, crispy cookies and nobody wants a crunchy cookie.

I don't really have an exact measurement for the chocolate chips, but it's probably around 2-3 cups.

Don't bake your cookies until you've eaten some cookie dough. In my opinion this is the best part! Fabulous!


Bake for 6-10 minutes...depending on your oven. I always do the same temperature and I've made these in 3 different ovens so far. My first oven it took like 11 min, second oven took 8, and now my current oven only takes 6. So just watch these babies while they're baking because like I mentioned earlier, nobody likes a crispy cookie. Don't even listen to people that tell you to wait until they're golden brown. Golden brown=crispy. Just make sure the bottoms have crisped a little bit, but the tops of the cookies shouldn't have color.

Who ever know that explaining a chocolate chip cookie recipe would be so WORDY. It should be simple, but really making a perfect chocolate chip cookie is an art form ;)


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Remember when you brought a bag to share with the whole cohort and we just ended up eating them all at our table? They were delicious and we were pigs. I'll never regret it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...