I also have an interview tomorrow, another one on Tuesday, and then another one the next week. Don't get too excited for me though, none of these are for teaching jobs. I really really really don't want to work unless it's doing something I love... But I don't really have much of a choice. Landon wants me to get my real estate license and that's starting to look more and more appealing after applying for all of these lame-o, boring, dumb jobs. Plus if I had my license we could probably get into a house sooner because I would know all the ins and outs. So we'll see...
Today I made homemade Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and thought I'd share the recipe because it's super easy and super delicious. The only thing that is a pain is they literally take ALL day... it's quite the process. It's not hard, just a lot of waiting around... Perfect for a lazy Sunday treat.
Ingredients:
- 1 bag of chocolate chips
- 1 cup of peanut butter (skippy, preferably)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (or if you're like me you'll want 3/4)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Place mini-cupcake papers inside mini-muffin tin. Or you can spray the pan with pam, but I think the paper lining makes it easier to remove.
2. Pour chocolate chips in bowl and melt them in the microwave on 50% power. Start with 2 minutes and take them out about every 30 seconds to stir. After 2 minutes is up, just do 30 second or less intervals and stir every time until the chocolate is smooth. You don't want to over-do it or the chocolate will burn and not be smooth at all.
3. Using a teaspoon, spoon the chocolate into the middle of the muffin cup. Using the back of the spoon, draw the chocolate up around the edges so the entire paper cup has a coat of chocolate.
4. Put the whole muffin tin in the fridge for about an hour or until the chocolate hardens.
5. While the chocolate is hardening, mix the salt, powdered sugar and peanut butter in a bowl. When the chocolate is all hardened, pop the peanut butter mixture in the microwave for about a minute to soften.
6. Spoon softened peanut butter into chocolate-coated cups, leaving enough room for chocolate layer on the top.
7. Put the whole muffin tin back in the fridge to harden for an hour or so (I told ya... quite the process!)
8. When the peanut butter filling has hardened, put the chocolate chips back in the microwave to soften (again 50% power, 30 second or less intervals stirring every time).
9. Use a teaspoon to spread a layer of chocolate on the top. Put it all back in the fridge to let it harden (I usually don't eat em for a few hours after this step).
Delicious! Enjoy and happy Sunday! :)
Those look SO good, thanks for sharing the recipe!
ReplyDeleteThese look delicious! I'll have to try out the recipe. thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete