Top 10 Reasons Why We're Falling in Love with Oregon
(in no particular order)
- Our backyard is literally a forest.
- We are an hour from the ocean. Coolest beach ever-with caves, waterfalls, tide pools, and it literally goes from water to sand to forest. Gorgeous.
- There are a million waterfalls, mountains, forests, etc. to hike all within 20 min from our house.
- Everything is green, green like I've never seen. Moss grows on everything, so even tree trunks are green. It's unreal.
- Every person I have come into contact with here is nice. Super friendly, welcoming, and will actually strike up a conversation with me instead of glaring at me for trying to start small talk.
- We are still only less than an hour away from mountains and Mt. Hood has year round snowboarding.
- Portland is the coolest city ever. Right on the river with tons of things to do and see. Every Saturday they have a market down by the river with tons of street vendors selling random things. Perfect for people watching :)
- Our apartment is simply perfect. I can't get over how much I love it. It's huge with tons of natural light and it's all mine. (I'm almost all done decorating too by the way, which means a video tour done by yours truly is coming soon. Stay tuned!)
- There are pretty much parks on every corner, each with a walking trail through the forests and creeks. And you know us, we love our nightly walks. Every night it feels like we're going on an adventure-finding new trails, seeing wildlife, admiring our surroundings... It's absolutely perfect.
- No sales tax. Enough said.
I am literally obsessed with this place if you can't tell. And I don't ever want to leave, which means friends and family need to move up here pretty please. It's perfect and you'll love it. I promise :)
Here are some pictures just to entice you if you aren't already convinced.
We heart Oregon. We most definitely made the right decision. We're home.
Hannah I'm so jealous! I'm so happy that you're loving it!!! there is just nothing like the Pacific NW. believe me, you are high on my list to visit :)
ReplyDeleteGorgeous!!! We'll try to come visit!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you're happy there! I hope you find a job you love. Just the other day you were a little kid spending the night with Joey, remember? You loved my cat, now departed to the other side. Good luck to Landon on his new job too.
ReplyDelete