Sunday, November 29, 2015

Pregnancy Update: 18 Weeks!

I swear weeks are flying by! It's freaking me out that I'm almost halfway through pregnancy! He's going to be here before I know it! Holy moly... Anyway, this week was exciting because we had a doctor's appointment and got to hear baby boy's heartbeat. It's the best sound in the whole world! It's been strong and steady at 152 the past few times we've heard it. Good boy! We also celebrated our sixth anniversary, Thanksgiving, and decorated for Christmas this week so we've been busy! As we were decorating I just started bawling thinking about how baby will be here next year when we do this. I just can't believe this is real life!!

Baby is the Size of a: Bell pepper and 5.5 inches from head to bum. So big! My app also told me that he can definitely hear now, so I told Landon to sing him a song this morning. Pretty much the sweetest thing in the whole world!

Cravings: still craving plain food like mashed potatoes and rice :)

Food Aversions: I'm getting a little better with eating, so I actually can't think of any aversions right now...

Weight Gain: About 8 pounds I think.

Symptoms: Still puking pretty regularly but I do have some good days, or I'll have days where I feel pretty good until the night. But most days I'm basically nauseous all day and then I throw up either in the morning or at night. I have a feeling I'm one of those lucky girls that is sick their entire pregnancy. But it's okay because it's all for a really good cause :)

Fears: Well I've had a few nightmares about our anatomy scan coming up (baby boy was missing half his rib cage. What the heck?!) and I've had a few other bad dreams too so I just need to calm down. I've had some random, sharpish pains in my lower belly but my sister said it's just my muscles stretching. I just can't help but worry a bit.

General Mood: Happy, grateful, emotional!!!

Sleep: Still can't get enough sleep! On Friday we woke up at 8:30 and watched Harry Potter in bed (I call this a bed-morning. It's basically when you wake up and don't leave bed for a few hours. It's my favorite thing.) Anyway, I ended up taking a nap around 9:30! Haha! I love sleep!!!

Maternity Clothes: Yes! Well just jeans, I'm still wearing my normal shirts for now :)

Movement: Still feeling little tiny kicks, but only if I'm laying down. I wish I felt it all day because it's my favorite thing ever! I can't wait until Landon can feel him kicking too!

Looking Forward To: We have our anatomy scan on Tuesday! Yay! I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Just praying baby boy is healthy and that all of his organs are looking good :) We also have our friends James and Christina coming to visit this weekend from Texas!

And here's the 18 week bump. Definitely looking more and more pregnant these days. Landon has affectionately started calling me chubbers ;)


We love you SO much baby boy and can't wait to meet you!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I remember those muscle stretches as being pretty sharp and painful too. I'm so excited for you! I am obsessed with my boy!

    Did you ever share how you knew so early that it was a boy? I don't think I ever caught that. Either way, congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...