Six years ago today, on the day before Thanksgiving, I married the love of my life. Thanksgiving will always mean so much more to me now. I love having this week to reflect on everything I'm grateful for, especially my biggest blessing, Landon! I am SO grateful that I am married to my best friend and I get to be with him forever.
I really can't believe Landon and I have been married for six years. Doesn't that seem like a long time? Does this mean we're old?!
I look back at pictures from when we were engaged/newlyweds and I just feel like we look like such babies. We
WERE such babies! It's also kind of crazy for me to think that I married someone that I loved as much as I loved Landon six years ago. Because honestly, it's pretty much nothing compared to how much I love him now. And I know six years from now I'll be saying the same thing about how I feel today.
I was pretty much ready to have a baby after being married for 2 years. But now that we are finally expecting our first baby, I am so happy that things worked out the way they did. I look back at all these years we've had just the two of us with SO much gratitude! We've had so much time to really nurture and develop our relationship. We've been on so many adventures together. We've traveled to six countries and been on six cruises. We bought a huge boat and sailed it in the ocean. We've road tripped. We moved out of state and lived on our own. We've been irresponsible and quit our jobs without any prospects (
you can't really do that with kids!!) We've basically been living like newlyweds for the past 6 years and I couldn't be more grateful for this time with just Landon and me.
Now I'm bawling thinking that this is our last anniversary just the two of us. I know next year I'll have a whole new perspective and love and appreciation for Landon and I'll be SO happy to celebrate year 7 with our little baby boy, but goodness, it kind of breaks my heart at the same time. Isn't it weird how excited I can be to welcome this sweet baby into our family and how it makes me a little sad at the same time? It makes me feel horrible, but change is hard and scary. But of course so happy and exciting. I'm just a big ball of pregnancy emotions right now!
Anyway, these past 6 years have been a roller coaster ride of ups and downs but there's no one in the world I would've rather spent them with! Thanks for being my very best friend Landon Dean! I love you forever!
No comments:
Post a Comment