Sunday, November 1, 2015

Pregnancy Update: 14 Weeks!

Oh my gosh! HELLO SECOND TRIMESTER! Woohoooo! Apparently I'm supposed to start getting my energy back and feeling better. Ha! ;)

Anyway, Baby Boy scared me a few times this week... We went in for our doctor's appointment and the nurse couldn't find his heartbeat on the doppler. I was 13.5 weeks and they can normally find it as early as 12 weeks. So needless to say I was pretty freaked out. The nurse told us to wait a few minutes and that the doctor would do an ultrasound. That was pretty much the longest 15 minutes of my life. So when the doctor pulled us into the ultrasound room I was a nervous wreck. He started the ultrasound and I could immediately see our baby, but not the heartbeat. He was just casually showing us his head and spine and I was like... uhhh is his heart beating?!?! Finally he pointed out his little heart flickering away :) Baby Boy is pretty high in my belly and the nurse was looking pretty low, so that's why she couldn't find him. Man, that wasn't fun though. But it did mean we got to see the baby which was amazing! Unfortunately the ultrasound machine the doctor was using was literally from the 80's so we didn't get a picture... again.

Well a few days later I had some brown spotting. TMI but it's actually a big deal. This is what happened for weeks before my miscarriage, so it just sends me into a major panic. On top of that, since I'm RH negative, any spotting in pregnancy means I need to get a "rhogam shot." I don't really understand it, but basically if my blood mixes with the baby's blood I could develop a sensitivity that would be bad for this pregnancy and all future pregnancies. Sooo I called my nurse and she told me to come in and get the shot. But of course, I was also really worried about the baby too. When I got there she asked if I wanted to try the doppler to get some reassurance. I was SO grateful and she found his heartbeat within 30 seconds. It's the most beautiful sound I've ever heard! I also got to hear little "whooshes" of him moving around. Oh my gosh, he's so cute!!

But since I've had spotting, I'm not on "bedrest" but I am on "rest." They want to make sure the spotting stops and if it doesn't do some more research to get to the bottom of it. The cool thing is, my sister is an OB so she's going to do the researching for me next week! She is starting at a new office, so she told the office manager she needs to practice using the ultrasound machine and she wants to test it out on her sister ;) ha! Thanks Dr. Emma! I'm trying not to stress, but of course I'm worried about our baby. So hopefully everything is looking great and the spotting will just stop.

Anyway, that was longer than I intended. Let's get to it...

Baby is the Size of a: Lemon! 3.5 inches or about as big as a clenched fist. Holy moly! I just can't get over how fast they grow! My baby app also told me that this week he may start sucking his thumb. Soooo cute! I sucked my thumb until I was 8, so I wouldn't be surprised if we have a thumb sucker :)

Cravings: Nothing! Absolutely nothing.

Food Aversions: Everything. Not much has changed with my appetite since last week. It's pretty much just gone.

Weight Gain: Okay pregnancy brain. Luckily I re-read my posts before I post them because this is what I wrote the first time, "I actually weighed 3 pounds at my most recent appointment." Wow, I only weighed 3 pounds?! That's pretty tiny :) Haha I've GAINED 3 pounds since my last appointment :)

Symptoms: Still pretty sick. I'll occasionally have a "good" day where I don't puke, but then the next day I puke three times to make up for it. Thank goodness I'm working from home now! I also always feel tired. It doesn't matter if I got 9 hours of sleep and had a 2 hour nap. I just love sleep! But then I have the weirdest dreams. So weird. I can't even type them out on here because it's that embarrassing.

Fears: I'm definitely nervous about the spotting, but hopefully baby boy is fine and that was just a random thing.

General Mood: Happy, but super emotional. I cry over everything. Songs on the radio, cheesy commercials, the sunrise... You name it!

Sleep: I seriously sleep like a baby! I hope this continues!!

Maternity Clothes: Not yet, but I really think I want to buy some maternity pants. Those things like so comfy!

Movement: I wish! But it was soooo fun to hear movement through the doppler this week. You could hear him kick and wiggling around. It's my favorite!!

Looking Forward To: Getting an ultrasound with Emma this week! I will finally get a PICTURE and hopefully some video too. And just praying that everything is looking good :)

And last but not least here's my first "bump" picture. It really doesn't look like much yet, but I can tell the difference! It gets especially big at night.


And just for fun here's a 4 week vs 14 week picture. Okay you can definitely see a difference :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...