Monday, November 9, 2015

Grateful.

Well this is a little early, because Thanksgiving isn't for a few weeks... but I just felt a need to post about how grateful I am. I really can't believe where I am in my life right now.

Let's just rewind 6 months. 2015 was a hard year for us (and I did a lot of vague random posts about struggling, but didn't tell you what was going on... Like this one this one and this one).

We had been feeling the urge to move to Utah for awhile, but we knew that we had a lot of things tying us down to Oregon (a great job, a house, and a sailboat that would look ridiculously out of place on any  Utah lake). So we decided to take some steps to get rid of what was holding us to Oregon.

You may have read this post about the ordeal we went through trying to sell the boat, but I'll just give you a little summary. It was ROUGH. It took us over 6 months and we had a couple of sales fall through, which meant we were so excited and had our hopes up, just to have it all come crashing down. There's not a huge market for 38 foot sailboats, if you didn't know. It was the worst feeling knowing that if we didn't sell our boat, we couldn't leave Oregon. Luckily, we did end up selling it but not until June and we listed it in January!

On top of that we had been trying to get pregnant all year with no success, and then a miscarriage. That was really hard.

During that time, Landon had been applying for jobs in Utah like crazy with no luck. He had a few phone interviews, but nothing ever worked out. He was super unhappy at his current job, which just sucks when you spend most of your time at work.

Then we got really bad news about my dad's cancer. In fact, we got the news on the same day as my miscarriage. It was on that same day that we called our realtor and told her we were ready to sell our house. We had reached our breaking point.

This is where the story has a happy ending. We got pregnant (YAY!), we got an offer on our house within 5 days of listing for full asking price, we quit our jobs without any prospects, moved to Utah and Landon got a job in less than a week, we found an amazing house, and we are LIVING IN UTAH WITH FAMILY! It's all seriously SO unreal to me. All of these miracles that happened all at once. Everything just falling right into place. And the cherry on top? For the first time in the years since my dad's cancer diagnosis we got some GOOD news today!

Basically, my heart could burst. I know that life can't always fall into place like this and life isn't always sunshine, but right now life is pretty darn good. And I just want to soak it in and take the time EVERY day to be thankful and to thank my Heavenly Father.

So in honor of Thanksgiving-month, I am trying really hard to focus on all that I've been blessed with lately and live with gratitude in my heart. I really have SO much to be grateful for this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...