Oh man, this year we pretty much failed at Halloween. Okay, we didn't fail but life has been hectic between new jobs and a new house and we didn't carve pumpkins! For the first time in our 6 Halloweens together. I'm really bummed out.
We did go to a pumpkin patch with our Egberts! That was so much fun. Lydia is pretty much the cutest thing on the planet. She calls us "Nanna and Nannon" and she just wanted to hold my hand and be with me, so we're basically best friends!
Last night we decided we needed to do something Halloween-ish so we went to Nightmare on 13th. Everyone there was like 10 years younger than us but we just love haunted houses! I only got scared a few times, but mostly it was just fun.
Today I dressed the boys in costumes today for about five minutes. I think they're still mad at me for it. Ha! They HATED it. It's so funny because they basically won't move when they're wearing stuff they don't like. It kills me.
Anyway, we closed on our house Monday the 26th. Yay! The problem is, we are both working full time, so moving after work was not the most fun thing we've ever done. So we moved Monday night and Tuesday night and then had to go to work the next day. Talk about stressful and exhausting! I'm SOOOO grateful for everyone that came to help! Seriously we could not have done it without you! Especially with me being all pregnant, I can't lift heavy things.
And we LOVE our house. But it's a basically a disaster right now because:
1. I haven't had the time to organize
2. I haven't had the energy to organize
3. I am too sick to organize
Sooo hopefully we can just get it settled slowly but surely. But for now we are living in a disaster zone. Luckily, most of the kitchen is unpacked and totally usable so that's the most important thing :)
Once it's all set up I'll take more pictures and maybe take you on a video tour. We'll see. My favorite room is baby boy's room of course. Ahhh I can't believe we'll have a baby living in our house this spring! It's unreal!
And last but not least, I wanted to blog about my new job. I started working on October 12th. Yay! It's for a really fun company called BambooHR. The culture is REALLY awesome there and I already love it. Everyone is awesome. The best part of all? I had to go in for training for 2 weeks but now I get to work from HOME! Oh my gosh, I can't even tell you how giddy this makes me! First of all, I am pretty sick so to be able to puke in the comfort of my own home is glorious. And on top of that I get to be with my sweet boys ALL day! It's my dream come true!! It's really awesome to be able to roll out of bed, start work, watch Survivor and work on my house during my lunch break (or take a nap!!), work until 5 and then be HOME already. Yay!
Okay I'm trying to think if there's anything else I wanted to blog about, but I think I'll save the rest of the updates for my pregnancy post tomorrow :)
No comments:
Post a Comment