Some people dream of being a doctor, a lawyer, a fireman, a teacher, a dentist, a pilot, a photographer...
Well honestly, I can't say I've always dreamed of becoming a teacher. Being a teacher has always been my back-up plan. Being a teacher would be the next best thing if Plan A didn't work out...
Plan A has always been to be a mother.
I can't explain it, but it is something I am so passionate about that if you start talking to me about it I will probably end up in tears. Maybe it's best for me not to talk about it...but oh well, here goes nothing :)
I was born to be a mom. To raise and nurture and love beyond what I can even imagine. There isn't even a second that goes by where I am not thinking about what it will be like to stay home with my children. I cannot think of anything more wonderful.
My daydreams consist of waking them up by tickling their back (a tradition I have started with Landon...it's not nice getting waken up by someone yelling your name or ripping the covers off your bed) We'll definitely end up snuggling a bit too... because my kids WILL be snuggly. After some breakfast and cartoons we'll build a fort out of boxes, fingerpaint, play tag and "mother may I" in the bakyard...all before lunch! At lunch, we'll surprise daddy at work and have a picnic together. We'll all wrestle and laugh and maybe pout a little after saying bye to dad. After lunch, we'll take a nap, play a board game, and make cookies. When dad gets home, we get into a food fight with the cookie dough and end up laughing until our tummy's hurt. We'll eat dinner, go for a walk, and then read a book and go to bed.
Okay, okay... I know that life with kids is FAR from perfect. I know it is FAR from easy. But to me, it is more than worth it. I want the simple, every day life that comes with being a mom. I can't wait to play with my kids and watch them learn and grow. I can't wait to shower them with love and make sure they know how special they are. I want to be their best friend.
I cannot wait for the day when I am a mother. Every day I am preparing myself...spiritually, physically, emotionally, financially... so that my daydreams can become reality.
It will be the second best day of my life when I become a mother.
The best day being the day Landon and I started our eternal family.
I am so grateful for the blessings of the temple. I am so grateful for my knowledge of the sacred nature of families. I am so grateful for an amazing man that will be the father of my children.
I am so grateful I get to be a mom... when I grow up :)

Monday when I return, we will learn to sew on a button :)
ReplyDelete