Monday, September 12, 2011

Random Monday Post

  • I really want to start photography... but something is holding me back...Fear! Fear of failing. Fear of not being very good and not having anyone that even wants me to take their pictures. Ugggh. It's hard when what you've planned and prepared for doesn't work out. I should just be a TEACHER right now and not even have to worry about a back-up plan. I'm feeling a little hopeless today.

  • I'm not ready to have kids. Despite my constant daydreams and hopes to be one day a mother. I'm just not ready YET. Sue me. I love this time I have with just Landon and me. It's perfect and I want to soak in EVERY minute of it. Once your a parent, there's just no going back and I know it'll never be the same. So for now, I'm enjoying the moment. Loving the phase we're in.

  • I almost started my apartment on fire. It all happened so fast. I was literally boiling water to make linguine alfredo and somehow started a fire. Later Landon told me that he wasn't scared that I started a fire. He was more scared of my reaction. Haha! I need to learn how to ACT under pressure instead of just standing there and letting Landon know there's a fire. Woops!

  • I hate Mondays, mainly because I for a whole weekend I got to be with my sweetheart for every minute and then it's suddenly ripped away from me and I don't get to see him for 12 hours. It's a tough adjustment. I just hate being away from him.

  • I've made a lot of goals in the past week and have already seen major improvements in my life. It's true that by "small and simple things, great things are brought to pass." I have been reading one general conference talk a day. So uplifting and inspiring... and seriously LIFE changing. I'm so grateful for a prophet and modern revelation. I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father hears my prayers and answers them through scriptures and through the words of His apostles. Read one of my favorites here. I highly recommend it.

  • I have a crush on my husband. He's a stud. You know how people talk about the "twitterpated" phase of new love... well we are never leaving it. His cute emails throughout the day literally fill my tummy with butterflies. Seeing him after a long day at work gets my heart pounding! And don't even get me started about how "woozy" I get when he kisses me. He's my dream boy and I'm so lucky to have him!
  • We had Landon's cousins over this weekend to sleepover (ages 11, 10, and 7). I think that's why I realized I'm not ready for kids just yet :) it was very fun, but VERY exhausting and I felt like I didn't get enough "Landon" time.

  • Sometimes I miss my family and friends so much it hurts. But I know we are where we are supposed to be and I absolutely love it here.

  • Landon wants to build an airplane. Like a real one. I told him he has to buy me a house first :) This is the one I have my eye on. Nothing fancy, but it's exactly what I want for our first home.
  • My favorite moments are when Landon and I are just hanging out, doing nothing in particular. Just talking and enjoying each other's company, laughing our heads off. It's the little moments like that that I remember most. I love our simple life.

  • I'm really really really hoping I get a calling to teach primary. I love kids SO much and since I don't get to teach in the schools I'm hoping I get to have my own little class of kids at church. Children are SO pure and Christ-like. I know they would teach me more than I could ever teach them. Crossing my fingers!!!

  • Our friends from Texas are coming this weekend and we are SO excited! So far we have had a lot of people visit us and we hope it continues! We have an extra bedroom and an extra bathroom people! Please come see us!!!

Hope you have a happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I love this. Can I just say that?? This post reminds me of catching up with you in the car on Monday mornings after the weekend! This brought back so many fun memories. It was SO great to talk to you on Friday. Please please please keep me posted about your calling! I'm excited to see what you are. And tell Landon hi!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...