Friday, September 30, 2011

Newlyweds All Our Life

Yesterday I had the thought that Landon and I act more like newlyweds NOW than we did when we were first married. We seriously just can’t get enough of each other. Well this morning when we were hugging bye and couldn’t stop kissing and giggling and being all love sick, Landon said “You’d think we were just married yesterday by the way we act!”


I hadn’t even told Landon my theory about us acting more like newlyweds now than 2 years ago, but he brought up the same point :)

I think that’s how marriage should be. You shouldn’t be the most in love right at first. Don’t get me wrong, you should still be CRAZY about each other when you first get married… but you’re love should grow and grow and grow so every year is a little better than the last.


It reminds me of the Brad Paisley song, "Then." When I married Landon I thought I loved him SO much, but looking back now it's pretty much nothing compared to how much I love him today! I didn't think I could love him anymore. I think when I look back on today 10 years from now and read this post, I'll laugh and say "wow, I thought I loved him then? Look how much I love him now!"


People always tell me I’m still in the “newlywed” phase… but guess what? We’re going to be in this phase all of our life. And I know it’s just going to keep getting better and better.


2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. Love has no limits.. Spouses grow and mature with one another and so should their love. I loved Matt so much when we got married..but now, my love is much deeper. I fall in love with him all over again all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy for you! Just wait til you have kids, the bond gets even stronger. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...