Friday, September 16, 2011

The Big Picture

Sometimes I get so focused in on my life and what I think I want and need... and I forget that there's a much bigger picture.

When life doesn't go according to MY plan, my immediate reaction is to WHINE, COMPLAIN, and GRUMBLE. Instead of realizing that MY plan isn't always what GOD'S plan is for me.

Almost daily I throw myself a pity party. It goes something like this "boo hoo! I'm supposed to be a teacher! I am meant to be with kids! Why am I not a teacher?! Why did I waste all that time and money on school?! Waaa! Waaa! Whine! Complain!"

Well, I decided to stop whining and start praying and thanking my Heavenly Father for all that I do have. I am very blessed. I also started asking for ways to serve Him and be an instrument in His hands...

And guess what?

You are looking at the newest Primary teacher in the Rock Creek Ward.


Prayers are answered.

I'm happy, excited, nervous, grateful, humbled, ecstatic, etc etc etc!

I get to be a teacher.

Life is so good.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Hannah for posting this! I do the same thing, so thanks for reminding me that my plan may be different than His plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Yes! Yes! I knew it!! Your kids are going to be the luckiest kids in the whole ward because you actually WANT to be a primary teacher. Most everyone else just gets stuck in that calling and slide by until they are released. Good for you! Dave and I are SOO happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy happy day!!! I taught primary all summer I was so happy, because otherwise I would've missed kids so much. you are gonna be the BEST darn primary teacher EVER!!!! Heavenly Father loves you. and those kids, for letting you be their teacher :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too! Glad you get to do some teaching!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...