Sunday, September 25, 2011

Forget Me Not

I am SO grateful for the inspired words spoken by President Uchtdorf last night at the General Relief Society Meeting.

His words spoke right to my heart and were exactly what I needed to hear.

He spoke about five things that we should "forget not", like a forget me not flower.


1. Forget not to be patient with yourself
This is one that MANY women struggle with, including myself. I was just telling Landon a few days ago that I feel being negative and mean to myself is one of my biggest weaknesses. I'm very quick to be forgiving and positive about everyone around me...but myself. I oftentimes feel completely inadequate and unimportant. I know I need to work on being patient and loving with myself. I need to see myself the way my Father in Heaven sees me.

2. Forget not the difference between good and foolish sacrifices
I loved when President Uchtdorf posed the question, "Am I committing my time and energies to the things that matter most?" Too often I waste time on things that are completely unimportant instead of focusing my energy on the things that really matter--my relationship with God, Landon, my family, and those around me. Love is what matters. This gospel is what matters.

3. Forget not to be happy NOW
It's funny, because this week my goal has been to be happy in the moment. To love the life I am living RIGHT NOW. Too often do I find myself saying, "oh I'll be so happy when this happens" or "as soon as I'm done with this I'll be happy" instead of being happy RIGHT NOW. It is the simple every day things that make life so precious. Enjoy EVERY MINUTE of the life you have been given right now. Count your blessings and make the most of today. I needed this reminder!!

4. Forget not the WHY of The Gospel
The gospel shouldn't be an obligation or another simple task to check off on my to-do list. We shouldn't just go through the motions, but try to understand WHY we are to live the way Heavenly Father would have us live.

5. Forget not that Heavenly Father loves you
He is always there, always will be there... all we need to do is allow Him into our hearts. We truly have such a loving Father in Heaven. President Uchtdorf said it best when he said "He loves you because you are His child." I know when we take even one baby step towards Him, he will literally RUN to us and fill us with His love. He is always there.

I highly recommend watching his talk and promise that the spirit will touch your heart and you will feel the love of Heavenly Father has for you.



This gets me SO excited for General Conference next week. I am so grateful for modern revelation and I know that God speaks to us today through His prophets.

1 comment:

  1. I had to record it so I could spent time with Tom before he left for Iraq. Sounds like something I need to hear. Love ya Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...