Monday, October 3, 2011

General Conference

I don't even know where to begin other than to say, I am so grateful and feel so blessed to have heard the words of the prophet and apostles this weekend. It always turns out to be EXACTLY what I needed to hear and fills me with much needed spiritual strength and faith.

One of my favorites was Robert D. Hales' talk. No matter what trials and circumstances we are given, we need to "wait upon the Lord"


"To wait means to hope, anticipate, and trust and know that He is always there."

"We may not know when or how the Lord's answers will be given, but in His time and in His way, I testify His answers WILL come" -Elder Hales

How can I hear that and not be filled with hope and faith? When Elder Hales spoke those words, I felt the Spirit so strongly--it sent chills all over my body. How blessed we are to have such a loving Heavenly Father.

God does speak today through His prophet, just as He always has. He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

"Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets" (Amos 3:7)



How grateful I am for President Monson and to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Watch or read here :)

1 comment:

  1. If you read my "Hermana Smith and the Gospel" that I wrote this weekend on my blog you will see that conference meant something to me too this weekend :) its amazing how the talks can inspire so many people in so many different ways.. Im glad we have a faith that teaches us about love and repentance.
    I am so thankful for a Father in Heaven and Lord Jesus Christ who loves me.
    I enjoy your posts so much Hannah. xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...