I already hate it. I have spent the past 2 hours applying to jobs online. Jobs that don't even require a college degree!! It really isn't looking too hot for me to be a teacher. What a total BUMMER. Remember how teaching is the only thing where I woke up every day EXCITED to go to work? Remember how I'm meant to be a teacher? Can't the school districts who aren't hiring just make an exception for me? Because I really don't want to work in a boring lame office for the next two years. Shoot me in the foot.
But hey, on the bright side if I got a job as a receptionist I could be...

PAM!!!! And I love Pam.
Oregon sounds like Ontario, teaching jobs are few and far between. But hey, there is substitute teaching which can lead to a longer contract like a maternity leave which can lead to a permanent position. Don't despair, just get your foot in the door. And don't discount volunteering - getting into a school, building relationships it's really important. Seriously Hannah, you are so passionate about teaching, someone will give you something, you just need to meet them in person!!
ReplyDeleteI love Pam too! :) But I agree with Wendy, you need to meet some people in person! Get subbing!
ReplyDelete