Anyway, college has been great and I know I will miss it. Here's a look back on my experience:
Freshman year at Utah State. I cried for a week. I hated Logan. I thought it smelled like cows and I was too far away from friends and family back in Sandy. Once I got settled in, I realized Logan wasn't too bad. I made some really great friends and learned a lot about myself. I became more independent. I solidified my testimony. I had some crazy adventures. I froze to death. I went to taco bell at least 4 times a week for nachos. And guess what? I never even became a "true aggie." How lame am I?!
Sophomore year at BYU. I was so happy to be closer to friends and family and fell in love with BYU--the campus, the atmosphere, the people, the spirit, the devotionals, the football games, everything! I lived in a gross apartment complex, but I don't regret it one bit... because if I didn't live in the "hood" I wouldn't have met my cutie.
Junior year at BYU. I married my best friend and had such a fun year as a newlywed. I thought about dropping out of school almost every day because I didn't see a POINT in me going to school when I knew I just wanted to be a mom/wife! Thankfully, Landon didn't let me :) but I did have a hard time balancing my wife duties and school. All I wanted to do was bake, clean, and take care of my new husband.
Senior year at BYU. Made some really great friends that I will love forever. I also was able to spend the majority of the year teaching in the classrooms, which meant not very much time on BYU's campus. I have learned and grown the most this year. Mostly I have learned how much I am MEANT to be a teacher. I have never loved what I do every day SO much (thanks for not letting me drop out Landon!)
College has been so great. So many fun memories. So much growth and learning. And even though I was counting down the years, months, days, and hours until it was over...I know I'm going to miss it.
















that is awesome hannah!! makes me jealous that you are done!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! I have to say I don't believe for even one minute that hubby is the reason you did not quit college, it's cute to say but I don't buy it. I've seen your desire to achieve since you were a pre-teen. This one is all you! I'm so proud of you. You did it!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Hannah that is so exciting to be done... seriously you will love it, it is weird at first. But just working and not having homework is the best!!
ReplyDeletelove you Hannah!!! Glad we got to be friends this year :)
ReplyDeleteAh, Little Hannah has grown up and got married and is GRADUATING! I am so happy for you. I taught high school for 30 years but after subbing in k and 1st I decided I missed my true calling in life. I'm just oo old to do this full time (I'm OLDER than your parents.) I hope you get a wonderful job in Oregon and have a wonderful life!
ReplyDelete