I guess I'm expecting lightening. I want to feel 100% sure about what we are supposed to do. I want to feel SO strongly that it is the right thing...
But I just don't have strong feelings either way. I feel like I'm either:
A. Letting my fear get in the way of my ability to receive revelation right now (fear and faith can't coexist. I have to tell myself that every single day.)
B. Both options are great and it's up to us.
I just feel good about Oregon and Texas. None of the options are giving me that sick feeling of "no" or a excited-can't-contain-myself feeling of "yes."
What is a girl to do?
We even made this huge/intense pros and cons list. It really is pretty legit. We listed all the pros and cons and then both Landon and I gave each thing on the list a number from 1-10 (10 being very important). Then we added up all the points and subtracted the cons from the pros.
I really have been "studying it out in my mind" but still feel like I haven't gotten an answer...
"Yea, behold, I will tell you in your mind and in your heart, by the Holy Ghost, which shall come upon you and which shall dwell in your heart." (D&C 8:2)
For by my Spirit will I enlighten them, and by my power will I make known unto them the secrets of my will..." (D&C 76:10)
I do have a strong testimony in personal revelation, so I just need to be patient and have FAITH that Heavenly Father will not lead us astray.
Any advice is welcome and much appreciated. I do not like making huge life changing decisions...

Oh girl, I know how you feel.
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to know for sure YES this is it, I can't wait and nothing could be better.
Who knows if you will feel that way!
I don't think I ever really did. We were in a different situation, of course, but I think it's just more of a "this is a good thing" feeling.
Ultimately, YOU have to be the one to decide.
I think you'll know. It'll feel right.
But good luck!! It's sooo tough and scary and nerve-wracking. Let me know the final decision!
Sometimes it's a choice between two good things. Those are the hardest decisions to make. So, pick one and move forward with it. The Lord will let you know if that's not the right decision!
ReplyDeleteMy brother-in-law actually worked for Intel in Oregon and in Arizona as an accountant and they were a fantastic company to work for. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Best of luck to you guys! Hang in there!