It's hard not to have favorites in your classroom. It's actually impossible. My favorite happens to be a little ball of fire that I will call "Little Miss E." I don't have a word to adequately describe her, so here are a few stories:
One day she came up to me and handed me these:
If you can't tell from the picture, these are two tickets to Disneyland. One for me and one for my family. They are little "tinkerbell" things that came off her tutu she was wearing that day :)
She also made invitations to a Pajama slumber party for her birthday (which isn't until June by the way) and handed them out to her friends at school... her mom had no clue. Oh, and I was invited too.
While sponge painting yesterday she told the other kids at the table that she saw baby Jesus. They all wanted to know where. She stood up and with a foot pop and a wave of her arms she said in a sing, songy voice..."In a MANGER. And he was SO cute!"
The kids are always asking to give me hugs and normally I say "not right now" just because I'm in the middle of teaching a lesson (they're so sweet). Well Little Miss E is sneaky. She came up to me and asked "Can I ask you a few questions?" I said sure and called her over. She ran to me and wrapped her arms around my neck and then skipped away. Tricky little thing :)
Today, she gave me this picture of an umbrella man.
I love my Little Miss E and will miss her dearly after next Friday, along with all my other adorable kindergarteners. They are so stinkin cute--such a fun age to teach! :)
P.S. 8 MORE DAYS FOLKS! ahhhhh!
No comments:
Post a Comment