Monday, March 7, 2011

Homemade Pizza

I promise you, this is the BEST homemade pizza you will ever have. And I decided to be nice and share the recipe...something I haven't done before on my blog :)

This recipe comes from my good friend Jen. Landon and I eat it weekly (sometimes more). In fact, we're eating it tonight!

Pizza Crust:

1 cup warm water

1 1/2 tsp. active dry yeast

2 tsp. sugar

3 cups flour

1 tsp. salt

3 Tbsp. vegetable (or olive) oil

Dissolve yeast in water. Using a mixer, blend in 2 cups of flour and remaining ingredients. Mix until well-blended. Stir in remaining flour. Knead on floured surface 3-4 minutes. Cover and let rest 30 minutes. Punch dough down and shape into a ball. Roll out ball or stretch by hand to fit a 12" greased pizza pan (or pizza stone).

**I highly recommend buying a pizza stone. Totally worth the money!!**


Pizza Sauce:

1 8-oz. can tomato sauce

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1 tsp. Italian seasoning

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Simmer 3-5 minutes or until sauce starts to deepen in color. Spread over pizza crust and layer with grated mozzarella cheese (I do about 2-3 cups) and desired toppings. Bake at 450 for 15-20 minutes.


Enjoy your delicious pizza! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...