Thursday, April 2, 2015

Landon's Rat Babies.

Landon has a soft spot for animals. Take a minute to read about "Spotty" (here and here) and you will understand. Gosh, he's such a cute boy.

Anyway, a few weeks ago Landon was out in our toolshed and he saw a rat scurry away. He came inside the house to tell me and I told him we need to get some traps because that's disgusting. A few minutes later he came running back inside to tell me he had found rat babies. My immediate thought? GROSS!!!!

He told me to come outside and look at them and I politely declined. Gross gross gross. Finally he convinced me to take a look...


Oh my word... they were SOOOO cute! I really never thought I would say that rats are cute, but they were! Their mommy made them a little home in our lawn mower bag and had collected a plastic bag and leaves to cover them and keep them warm. She seriously made them such a perfect home and inside a warm, dry toolshed--what a good mama!


There's something about baby anything that just tugs at our heartstrings. Baby rats. Baby whales. Baby birds. Baby pigs. Baby humans. Babies are just CUTE okay? Admit it. You think these rat babies are cute!


The sweetest part of all was watching Landon with the rats. You can see it in his face--he's just such a love bug. He was gently stroking them with his finger and trying to keep them warm and he seriously would've held them in his hands all day if I didn't make him put them back (and wash his hands IMMEDIATELY. Ha!)


If Landon is that sweet with baby RATS I can't even handle how cute he is going to be with our baby HUMANS. I really just can't. When I think about it I cry. In fact, I find myself daydreaming about it often. I tell him all the time they're going to have to put me on oxygen when they hand the baby from me to him. And no, I'm not pregnant. Phew, glad I cleared that up :)


Anyway, the point is I married a good one. I love this boy and his sweet, tender heart. He's kind of like a M&M... hard shell on the outside, but SO soft and sweet on the inside. Don't let him fool you!

P.S. When I posted these pictures on Facebook we had a lot of HATERS. Haha! Why does everyone hate our rat babies?!

1 comment:

  1. I am seriously still almost fainting at this. Baby rats. I guess you are right, that baby anything is cute, but rats?? I'm still nervous a bit about them. That's so cute that Landon loved them so much. Did you move them outside of your lawnmower bag? What do you do with a nest of baby rats??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...