A) we did something fun like a vacation, camping, boating, etc.
B) when I'm struggling and just need a place to VENT
Guess what? I don't even really like blogging about type A posts. But I do it because I want to document my life and I absolutely LOVE having such a detailed record. For example, last night Landon asked me when we bought our blu-ray player. I went to my blog and searched for "flat screen tv" (because we bought our tv and blu-ray at the same time) and was able to give him an exact date. Haha! Isn't that great? It was January 28, 2012 in case you were wondering.
But then I got all freaked out. Because for some reason I thought we bought our house in 2012 and then realized we bought it in 2011. And then I realized we have been living in our house for over three years. Where the heck has the time gone?! There is NO WAY we've lived in our cute little blue house for THREE years. I don't believe it. I also can't believe we still don't have furniture in our front room--we can't use the "we just moved in" excuse anymore that's for darn sure.
Anyway, I just have a lot floating around in my head right now. There seems to be SO much going on, but at the same time NOTHING going on. I am standing right on the edge of something so big and so great and I can FEEL it--but then nothing. Just waiting. Anxiously. Impatiently. Giving-myself-stress-headaches-every-day kind of thing going on over here. It's fun.
So if you haven't noticed this is a type B blog post. A blog post to vent. A blog post about nothing in particular. A blog post because writing is therapeutic for me and for some reason it makes me feel better to write about how I'm feeling instead of just letting it jumble around and around in my head. Because in my head things seem much worse than they really are. Because there's nothing wrong right now. We are just fine. But in my head it's the end of the world. Because I'm crazy. And I blow things out of proportion and exaggerate and dramatize.
One thing I know for sure--Heavenly Father is trying to teach me patience in His plan and HIS timing. I love me a good plan... and love to have a plan. But then I remember that I can plan my life out perfectly, but in the end it's not really MY plan. My life will happen according to HIS plan. And it's going to be beautiful and wonderful and better than I could've ever imagined. It's always so much easier to recognize that in hindsight, but in the moment it's definitely hard.
Okay, end rant. Thanks for listening.
P.S. I am headed to the podiatrist this afternoon. I hate feet and I hate going to the doctors. So this is basically my worst nightmare.

I always feel like if anyone ever reads my journals they will think I'm super depressed all of the time because I only write in them when I need to vent or organize my thoughts. I get stressed over things that i don't need to all of the one too. Like, with selling our house I would get so stressed, but then I realized that if we don't sell it we'll just stay and weice it here, so that really wouldn't be that bad. You totally have the right attitude! Absolutely nothing goes according to any plan I ever make, but it's always better.
ReplyDelete