We've been wanting to do a camping trip, but it isn't quite warm enough yet and Haag Lake doesn't have overnight camping. So we just spent the whole weekend there and came home to sleep and eat. That's kind of like camping right? ;)
Saturday we went on a hike around the lake. Okay, we didn't make it ALL the way around because that would've taken for.ev.er. But it was a beautiful, warm day and even though the trail was muddy in spots we had so much fun.
![]() |
| Oregon is so pretty. I can never get over all the GREEN. |
We had been on the trail for less than five minutes when Landon found a snake. Yep, a snake. Rats and snakes. He's such a boy! Of course I was running and screaming when he tried to get me to hold it, but eventually I touched it! I'm so brave ;)
We got to this really muddy part of the trail and I hear Landon yell, "PARKOUR!" and then jump over the mud. It was SOOO funny!
If you don't know what "parkour" is you have to watch this little clip. I miss this show!
Right before we turned around to head back, we went to the edge of the lake and sat down to look at the lake and skip rocks. I told Landon that I've NEVER skipped a rock and he told me he would teach me. I told him GOOD LUCK because plenty of people have tried to teach me. So he gave me a little lesson about flicking your wrist and trying to keep the rock flat.. and guess what? On my very first try I SKIPPED A ROCK!!!!! He really is such a good teacher. It was a pretty proud moment for me :)
After our hike we were both EXHAUSTED and starving. So we headed right to Red Robin (in our muddy shoes and pants!) and it felt so good to sit and eat. Plus, Landon's meal was free for his birthday and we got ice cream at the end too. It was the perfect day!
On Sunday we took the Hobie out on the lake! Oh my gosh, we've missed her so much! After buying Viking, we really neglected our Hobie and haven't sailed her in almost 2 years. That's not really okay. Sailing Viking is fun... but not really that "exciting." But sailing on a Hobie is SOOO fun! And thrilling! And exciting! You're so close to the water and it goes SO much faster than Viking that you just feel like you are flying across the water. I kind of forgot how much I love it!
P.S. These pictures aren't great because I didn't want to bring my "nice" camera and leave it in the car so these were taken on Landon's phone. Also, I really want a GO PRO so we can take pictures while we are out on the water!!! Or at least a waterproof camera...
P.S. These pictures aren't great because I didn't want to bring my "nice" camera and leave it in the car so these were taken on Landon's phone. Also, I really want a GO PRO so we can take pictures while we are out on the water!!! Or at least a waterproof camera...
![]() |
| It's so hard to tell because the picture is so blurry, but you can see Landon trapezing off the boat :) |
Unfortunately we didn't get tons of wind, but it was still so fun! At some points we even had to break out the oars and paddle. My arms were pretty sore the next day. I even made up a little song: "row row row your Hobie gently on the lake... merrily merrily merrily merrily life's a piece of cake." Clever, eh?
It really was such a fun weekend. There's something about being outside in nature that feels SO good and makes me so happy. We just kept saying, "this is what life is about!" We just love spending quality time together and enjoying this beautiful earth Heavenly Father created for us.
We are SOOOO excited to take the Hobie on some trips and actually go camping. It's going to be a good summer!









Oh my gosh! I would be so creeped out by that snake. I see some sometimes when I am out weeding, and then I always throw in the towel for the day and run inside because I don't want to see it anymore. Hahaha. Don't tell Landon! That lake is BEAUTIFUL! And how fun that you got to sail your Hobie!! That looks like such a fun adventure!
ReplyDelete