Monday, March 23, 2015

Happy Birthday Landon Dean!

March 23rd is the most special day in the world to me. It is a day dedicated to celebrating that this CUTE baby was born... and boy, am I grateful!


Honestly, Landon has been dreading his birthday this year. You reach a point where getting older isn't really a good thing anymore. But, he is still YOUNG and it's not just about celebrating a new age, but about celebrating HIM.

The week leading up to his birthday (AKA his birth-week) I kept asking him what he wanted to do. Even though he didn't feel like celebrating, I wanted to celebrate him! Here's what our conversations have looked like:

Me: Do you want to go somewhere special for dinner?
Him: No. Well I guess we can go to Chipotle.
Me: We pretty much go to Chipotle every weekend... Let's go somewhere SPECIAL.
Him: Is this your birthday or mine? I want Chipotle. 
Me: Hmph!!!! 

Me: So what is my budget for your birthday present?
Him: I don't want any presents.
Me: I want to get you a present! At least something little (we are on a little bit of a spending freeze right now so we decided we aren't getting each other big birthday or Christmas presents...)
Him: I don't need anything. 
Me: Hmph!!!!

He was basically determined to NOT celebrate his birthday. So we really kept it low-key, but still celebrated all weekend ;)

P.S. I sucked at taking pictures... Boo!

Saturday we went out to Black Bear Diner with our good friends and then watched a movie. We love hanging out with the Fluckey's and had a great time!


Sunday we made steaks, had yummy doughnuts (I ate THREE) and watched Lord of the Rings. It was a perfect day.

I really can't get over how cute he is! Whistling while grilling his birthday-eve steak :)
Today (his actual birthday) we went to "The Rock" for lunch with the little boy I nanny. Enzo was SO excited to give Landon the card he made and it was so fun to spend the day together. He really loves Landon!

Oh my goodness. I couldn't stop laughing as Enzo told me what to write... "He's so pretty" HA! I agree Enzo :) 
It's my favorite to watch Landon with kids. He's just SO good with them and they love him!
Hannah, can I hold Landon's hand?! Can I hold Landon's hand?! Heart=melted.

Tonight we went to Chipotle (of course) and watched more LOTR and ate even more doughnuts. Oh and we played some N64!



I loved having a weekend to celebrate Landon and make him feel special--even though we really didn't do anything too exciting :)

I know I'm constantly bragging about this boy, but he truly is one of a kind. I don't know anyone like him. He is fearless, intelligent, kind, genuine, funny, hard-working, sassy, talented, and honestly has the biggest, sweetest, heart with such an enormous capacity to love. I could really go on and on. I feel so lucky that he is mine!

Landon with his engine that he rebuilt last year. He simply taught himself how to do it! See what I mean about talented? He can do ANYTHING he sets his mind to. Anything. 
Happy Birthday sweet boy! Thank you for being BORN! You are the biggest blessing in my life and truly are my HAPPY. I love you so much!

1 comment:

  1. Fun!!! This still looks like a lot of fun even though it doesn't seem like much. Those doughnuts look YUMMY! I'm so glad you had three. That makes me feel better. :) I hope Landon had a great birthday! We sure like that guy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...