Anyway, he was lucky enough to be around The Beatles right from the start. He would go to The Cavern and watch them perform before they were even big.
Naturally, The Beatles are in my blood. Growing up we would jam out to The Beatles on every road trip and some of my favorite memories are of my dad playing and singing Beatles songs for us.
When I got engaged to Landon, I knew I wanted my dad to sing at our wedding reception. I asked him months in advance, but he wasn't sure. I think he was just feeling nervous about it.
A few days before the wedding, I found out my dad was going to sing for me. I am crying just typing about it because it meant SO much to me. He sang my favorite Beatles song--In My Life and other than the actual sealing, it was the most special moment of the day. We didn't have a videographer at our wedding and now I wish I would've forked over thousands of dollars because we hardly have any video from our wedding. So we didn't get any video of my dad singing :(
My dad is truly amazing and I feel like we have a special bond because I was born on his birthday. I've just always been such a daddy's girl! I look up to him for SO many reasons. He has such a strong testimony and love for Heavenly Father. He loves my mom passionately and deeply. He knows everything about everything. He is funny and sarcastic. He is caring and sensitive. He is talented. He is selfless. He is an amazing husband and father. And really, he should've been a Beatle! ;)
Isn't he incredible? I love you so much daddy!






That is the sweetest video ever. Ever! How sweet that your Dad was able to sing that for you at your wedding. That is such a special memory that you will be able to treasure forever.
ReplyDelete