Sunday, February 3, 2013

Life Lately.

Time for one of my random rambling posts.

  • Landon learned how to weld in approximately 2 minutes and built an amazing trailer. I think it looks pretty professional and I couldn't be more proud of him. He gets home from work, eats dinner and hangs out with me for a bit, and then gets to work on his projects. I don't think there's a lazy bone in his body. 







  • We joined a sailing club yesterday. Wohoo! We are SO excited to take our first class in two weeks and make sure we actually like sailing before Landon starts building the big butt. I also think it's really fun that we will have this amazing hobby together... studying together, learning together, and spending quality time together sailing. As club members, we get to rent any of their 30+ sailboats for free after we take the basic class. So, if you come and visit us we would love to take you out on the Columbia for a sailing adventure... we could take you on Thumbalina but she's only big enough for 2 people.
I forgot to bring my camera, so this picture isn't the best quality but the boats are so pretty!


  • Speaking of Thumbelina, we are planning on taking her out next weekend! We've got our wetsuits and life jackets and couldn't be more excited. We put her on the trailer tonight and went for a spin around the corner and we were both just SO giddy. I can't believe he really built a boat and a trailer and we're going to be real life sailors :)
  • Lately I've been trying REALLY hard to be grateful for what I have instead of being sad for everything I don't have. Do you know how much happier I've been? It's so much better to focus on the "haves" than the "have nots."

image via

  • Okay let's talk Downton Abbey... I was bored to tears the first few episodes but now I'm hooked. I couldn't find anywhere to watch Season 2 and I'm a cheapo so I wasn't about to pay for it. But, Hulu Plus has this free 7 day trial... so I have one week to finish Season 2 so I can watch Season 3 through PBS and be all caught up. It's so addicting.

image via

  • We had a game night last night with another couple our age from our church and had SO much fun. It's kind of embarrassing how many people we don't know, but I am SO happy that we are starting to make friends here. It's hard being so far from my friends in Utah and I basically had zero motivation to make new ones. I'm starting to come out of my shell a bit, but I still miss my besties. 



  • I can't say much about what happened on Friday, because it's not my business to tell. But, sometimes life just sucks. I've been really upset but today during testimony meeting the focus was on The Plan of Salvation. Just what I needed to hear. I'm so grateful that families can be together forever and I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us. He wants us to be happy.

  • Did you know that my life isn't perfect? Crazy huh! I find myself reading other people's blogs, looking at instagram pictures, and facebook updates and find myself feeling completely jealous. I know comparing myself isn't a good thing to do, but we all do it. I was thinking today, I wonder if people look at my life and get jealous and I probably look at their life and am just as jealous of them. It's so silly. Nobody's life is perfect, no matter how perfect it seems and most people only update their social media sites with the positive aspects of life, leaving us to compare our hard times to their seemingly perfect life. Sometimes I think I'd be a lot happier of a person if I just deleted my facebook. Please just know that my life is not perfect. This blog is my "journal" and even though I only have like 15 faithful readers, some aspects of my life just can't be on my blog. I'm making a goal to stop comparing myself to other people and only compare myself to myself. Having a good self-image is SO key to happiness. I'm really starting to discover that.
image via

Okay, that's all for now. Happy Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. your life does seem a little perfect! ;) I mean, we just barely got done with school and got a house and we're 40! But I do have my 6 beautiful kids, so I have everything I need. Love ya Hannah! Everything will be ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I take turns with being really bad with the "compare game". I'm not gonna lie, there have been a few times where I read your blog and do think that you do have a 'perfect' life; even though I KNOW in the back of my mind that it's not true. Although, I have to say that because of you, I got really motivated to look at houses and to see if we could get into one, and we eventually did! So, THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for making friends. We started to do that in our new house and it was so horrible and awful and scary at first, but I'm glad we are starting to come out of our shells. It's so much more fun. And hello - Dave and I are COMPLETELY and TOTALLY obsessed with Downton Abbey. Don't even get us started...That is literally all we can think about and talk about now that season 3 is out. We talk about these people like they are REAL. We have to remind ourselves sometimes that they are fake people - FAKE. We just get so wrapped up in their lives. I'm so glad to know that I have a new Downton buddy. :) We could chat with you for hours about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jayson totally wants to learn to weld so badly! I'll have to show him that trailor! Your boat is AWESOME! I can't believe you guys built that. Serioulsly, you guys are so cool. I think sailboats are the prettiest of things. And, so true. I've learned that the secret of life is to think about and be grateful for what we have because there's always going to be something about life that isn't exactly how we want it, so if we don't learn to be happy with what we have we will never really be happy. I just think you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...