We took our first sailing class Saturday and Sunday (16 hours of instruction!) It was completely overwhelming to me. I haven't studied anything since college and the week before our class I read over 100 pages on sailing... I thought my brain might explode. During the two days of class we spent most of our time on the boat. Fun right? Wrong! The instructor would make me do things without really telling me HOW to do it. SCARY! I'm a perfectionist and can't fail. I need explicit instructions to complete a task. Plus, he got mad when my sweet Landon was worried about me being TERRIFIED and tried to help. Ugh! But Landon and I both passed the test Sunday with A's and are officially certified sailors. Wohoo!
On Monday we took a 22 foot Catalina out by ourselves through the sailing club we joined. We can take out any of their boats anytime, as much as we want. It's lovely.
I was excited because the pressure from the class was gone and now it was time to cruise the Columbia with my love and just have fun!
In case you didn't know, sailing is complicated and not as easy and carefree as it looks. But it is SO much fun. It's hard to explain the feeling you get when you have sailed a few miles up river, all by your skill and the power of the wind.
We sailed right past Portland International Airport. It was really awesome to watch the planes approaching along the river.
Oh, this summer is gonna be great. I love our adventurous life. Never a dull moment with this boy!











No comments:
Post a Comment