Oh man, it's been one of
those weeks. Let's start with Monday. I came home to pee ALL over the puppies' pen. It was like a flood. So of course I get mad at the pups, only to find out that something is wrong with Oliver. Like peeing every five minutes wrong (literally peed TEN times in one hour--I counted). So of course I google it and find out that he most likely has a UTI or bladder infection or his kidneys could be failing. No big deal. I was HYSTERICAL. I don't think I've cried so hard in my entire life. I seriously thought he was going to die.
 |
| is he not the cutest thing you have ever seen?? |
Thankfully, Landon came home and told me that Oliver was acting fine (and he really was...but I swear 30 minutes earlier he was acting sad). And the pee slowed down and it turns out he was just over-hydrated. It's kind of funny looking back on it now, but trust me... it was NOT funny on Monday.
This is just one example out of like 10 I could give you..just from the past three days. I emailed Landon today complaining to him about this horrible, awful thing that was happening in my day and his blunt and honest reply? "
I think you are actually making a mountain out of a mole hill J"
As soon as he said that, I realized that I was in fact being completely ridiculous. So right then and there I decided to turn off my crazy.
Moral of the story? Relax. Be happy. Don't stress over the little things. Actually, don't even stress over the big things. Worrying, pouting, freaking out... none of these things get anything accomplished, they just make ya have a crappy day. It's just so much better to be happy.
Here's to a better tomorrow... no matter what "mole hills" it brings for me.
Also, I'd like to point out that February is on FRIDAY. Woot woot! I cannot wait for January to be over. Worst month of the year.
Oh my heavens...Hannah I completely empathize with all the feelings you just described. Including hating January, haha. Sometimes its hard to be a woman, isn't it? It's really hard to turn off the crazy sometimes, even when you want to. I hope this coming week turns out better for you Hannah!
ReplyDeleteTwo favourite worry quotes:
ReplyDeleteWorrying is like a rocking chair. It passes the time but you don't get anywhere.
Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strength.