Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Pups.

Being puppy parents has been quite the transition for us. It is definitely not easy. We have our good days: they don't have accidents, they listen, they learn.  We have our bad days: they shred their pee pee pad, they pee and poo all over our house, they struggle with listening, they wake us up barking at three different times in the night. But, we sure do love them!

Meet Henry Dean Richins.


He's the mellow one, for the most part. He's daddy's boy. He loves to snuggle and be held. He is really good at sitting when we say sit and really bad at going in his bed when we say bed. Landon thinks he's cuter than Oliver, but I think he's dumber ;) He does this really funny thing where he sticks his tongue out just a tiny bit with his mouth closed around it. It's SO cute but we have yet to catch it on camera (just picture a tiny pink tongue sticking out a bit in the above picture). He weighs 4 lbs. Nicknames: Hen, Dumb Dog, Bud, Pup

Meet Oliver Dean Richins.


He's the hyper one, for the most part. He's a mommy's boy. He likes to explore and sniff all around the house. Once he gets all of his energy out, he likes to be cuddled and watch movies with us. He is really good at going to his bed when we say bed and really bad at sitting. He is also the barker and the whiner. He weighs 3 lbs. Nicknames: Ollie, Bad Dog, Buddy, Baby

They love to play with each other and rough house. They are definitely all BOY.

vicious little things!
We had to buy a bark collar for Ollie. It sprays him in the snout with this stuff that smells gross to dogs. It seems to be working but we'll see. He really hates it, poor guy. I feel a little bad... until I remember about that one night when I got 5 hours of sleep from his barking and then I don't feel bad anymore.


I do all the grooming since yorkies have hair and not fur, you have to cut their hair every couple of months and that can add up to a small fortune over the life of the dog. I did a pretty good job, if I do say so myself.

Oliver before and after. He was such a rag-a-muffin. 
I also bath them every week, brush them every night (including teeth), and wipe them down with puppy wipes in-between baths (see, I'm going to be a good mom!) Sometimes people call tiny dogs rats, I can see why now...

poor little rat, I mean baby.
We sure love these little guys.

just woke up from our nap :)
they like to lick Landon's face.



Here are a few funny videos. They're a little spastic and we're a little mean.



It's fun to say "go to daddy!" or "daddy's home!" or hearing Landon say "where's mommy?" It gets me really excited for when I'm a mommy to a human someday, but for now we're sticking to the pups.

3 comments:

  1. Freakin Hilarious!!! LOVE the pictures and your commentary! So glad they have you and you have them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I love little puppies! Adorable names. Congrats on your little puppy babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so lucky that Landon jumps in with the whole 'mommy' 'daddy' thing. My husband HATES when I do that! I'd love to her those same words escape my husbands lips. Pets are so awesome though! To me, they bring me a happiness that no human could give me. (and it's a plus that they can't argue or talk back!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...