Sunday, January 20, 2013

Thumbelina.

Thumbelina is officially DONE. It took almost a year, but she looks amazing. I couldn't be more proud of Landon. Seriously, who just decides one day to build a boat from scratch with absolutely ZERO experience with anything like that? I don't think I've ever heard the words "I can't do that" come from his mouth. I wish I could be more like him! (remember how it took me six months to finally get the courage to paint my living room and kitchen?!)

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to show a few pictures of the whole process before the big reveal of the finished product.Get ready for picture overload...

tracing the patterns from the plans

his shop is a little more "official" than a coffee table now haha



I couldn't visualize a "boat" from the pieces so Landon laid them out and showed me :)




covering up the pretty wood with fiberglass









our love boat  :)
laying out the sails. We have yet to "hoist" them so that'll be exciting!!

stepping the mast



he painted the boat with a sprayer thing :)



love his face in this one :)
peeling off the tape

the pups love the boat too !


Congratulations Landon Dean! You are amazing!

Next up, Landon is making a trailer... like welding steel together. He has never welded before, but of course this doesn't stop him! Once the trailer is done we will be taking her out. Landon is going to go by himself the first time, just to make sure she doesn't tip over or something :) I can't wait!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow that's quite the project! It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Your hubby is so talented. I think we all wish we were a little more like him. And I have to tell you that I really liked his painting bucket in those pictures - nothing like using an old ice cream bucket! I'm so glad you like ice cream as much as we do. We can't wait to take a ride in Thumbelina! Dave is already creating some pirate names for all of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Coolest thing ever! And best husband ever!! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...