Okay all you moms out there... how do you do it?! Seriously. I am exhausted.
I have been staying overnight at my nanny job because their parents are in Cabo. This is the longest I have taken care of the kiddos by myself and I am getting a little peak of what it is like to be a mom.
Sunday was a good day. We went to the Cowlitz County Fair with the kiddos and Landon. They love him. Especially little girl.
Monday was full of puke. I woke up, and threw up and then got the baby out of bed to see that he had puked too. And he continued to puke ALL.DAY.LONG. Poor thing! I have always been worried that I wouldn't be able to clean up puke when I have my own kids.... but I learned that I can! And I also felt how mothers feel when they don't get to take a "sick day." Really, all I wanted to do was curl up in bed all day and watch chick flicks. So, how do moms do it? Lots of tears were shed on Monday.
Tuesday was much better. No more puke, thank heavens! We also got to drive down to see Landon! Boy was I happy to see him after my day from H-E-double hockey sticks. But, it's not the same with kids. We couldn't even really talk. I mean we talked, but we couldn't talk. Ya know? So, how do moms do it?!
Yesterday my baby hunger was gone. I just wanted to be with my Landon. Kids require so much of your energy and attention. How are you supposed to keep up your relationship with your husband when kids need you so much? I know the cookie cutter answers are "go on a date every week" and "hang out once the kids go to bed" but really I don't think a few hours a week is going to cut it. It was the weirdest feeling to miss Landon while he was sitting right next to me, but I did. Is that how its going to feel when we have kids? Am I just going to miss being us? Miss all of our time together? Miss just doing whatever the heck we want when we want?
I'm upset. I'm scared. I'm confused. I have dreamed all my life of being a mother. But how do I do it without changing the relationship I have with my Landon? How do you moms out there do it? When your kids are born do you magically get superpowers that allow you to have the energy you need for your kids and your husband?
Help.
![]() |
| Luckily I get to skype with this cute boy every night once the kids are asleep. Best part of my day. |

You can't plan what things will be like. Your life will def change but it will become so much more! You will gain a even deeper love for another having a child together. being a parent is the hardest thing I or Matt has had to do but its also the most rewarding. You learn so much about yourself and your spouse. its hard especially for mommas, I included to make the marriage first priority..but everything takes time. You won't learn over night. Just enjoy your present and let the future come to you when it does. Poop,puke,tired nights aren't nothin compared to the joy you'll get just being a momma. Taking care of someone elses kids is diferrent than when its your own any way ;)
ReplyDeleteThere is nothing like having your own kids with someone you love. Nothing melts my heart like seeing Tom kiss, play, and love the kids. It is a very hard adjustment though, for the men, women too but it's different. Babies take up all your time, energy, everything. But it's worth it. Don't stress about it. It will happen at the right time and things work out. I remember calling mom after I had Savannah and asking how I was supposed to get anything done, like eat, shower, shop, clean, cook...and how in the world does anyone have more than one kid! But here I am with my 6th baby, and I still feel overwhelmed and cry but it's SO worth it. I would still have more if my body would let me (and Tom). Don't stress, seriously, it's our divine nature to be moms.
ReplyDeleteIt all works out...adjusting to new things is just what we do! I also remember after all the family left our house when we had Blake...Nick went back to work, my parents came back to Oregon...I freaked out thinking how am I going to take care of this baby alone all day? How am I going to be able to get ready for the day and be able to leave the house? You get in a routine and it just works. Your relationship with the hubby changes...but not all for the bad. You bond in different ways...and through your babies. It's all good! Now, I should be wondering how I am going to deal with 2 NEWBORNS and a 2.5 year old come Christmas this year. ha! It's going to be fun and crazy!
ReplyDelete