Friday, August 10, 2012

Utah.

We flew to Utah this weekend in our tiny airplane. Last time we flew to Utah we told ourselves we would NEVER do it again. This time, we find ourselves saying the exact same thing. You would think that since we are flying in an airplane that we get their quickly right? Wrong. 12 hours of flying in one weekend is a little much. Especially when it's bumpy almost the entire time. You think you've felt turbulence? Try flying in a tiny airplane. Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE flying... but not for 6 hours at a time going anywhere between 70-100 mph. No thanks.


Did you know the Salt Lake has parts that are completely pink/red? Weird.
It was awesome flying right over the Salt Lake. It was around this time that I started singing the "Utah" song. Utah...people working together! Utah...what a great place to be! :)


Anyway, Utah was a blur and a blast. A blur because we were only there Friday night-Monday morning. A blast because we got to see so many of our favorite people. Okay I just counted how many people we saw and it's a whopping THIRTY SIX of our close family and friends! (I counted by writing out everyone's initials--S S S Z Z C S T A A M J A S M E L M Z J B E A M D T T C D J J J K E O N) That's a lot of people for such a short amount of time and I can't even tell you how much it meant to me to see everyone! (I wish I would have gotten more pictures, but I was just so overwhelmed with trying to catch up and chat that I wasn't even thinking about pictures. I stink at life.)

Oh hi pretty baby! Jolene and I are bff's. 
Baby Chelsea is only 10 days old! So tiny and so cute!!!!
Love these pups!
My little Vannah is growing up! My very first niece--only 9 years apart. Some people say we're twins.

Zoey got SO big! Love her!

Everyone got so BIG! Well, except for Chelsea. Cute Saylor, Michael, and baby Chelsea.
Such a good brother to all of his five sisters! My Zac man and Zoe Zoe!
cute Eowyn kept asking me if I wanted to have a play date. Melt my heart!!!
they're the cutest. love my parents!
Summer and Macie so grown up and so cute!
Sydders and Atlie. The kids scared me with that huge lizard toy. Not cool :)
On top of seeing lots of family and friends, we spent Saturday going to Kelly and Eryn's wedding. They're so cute. I love being in the temple. Landon and I were both tearing up. It was just very sweet.



We also got to take a little walk down memory lane and visit the place where we fell in love... good ole Glenwood aka "The Hood."


our first kiss happened right inside "Lodge" 135 :)
Next we stopped by our first apartment and walked around BYU's campus. We were feeling very nostalgic.

read about our first "love nest" here. Loved that little basement.
I've already started to forget the names of the buildings. I called this one the Spencer Tower. Close.
We love living in Oregon, but we really miss our family and friends in Utah! Thanks everyone for coming to see us! It meant the world.

1 comment:

  1. We just loved seeing you! We were already missing you guys right after we left your house! We have so much fun with two and we can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...