I was down on pieces and tired and just about ready to give up... but then I saw it. An opportunity to put Landon in check mate with my queen and my bishop. He didn't even see it coming. Seeing "white wins!" on the screen (we play on the Ipad) was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I immediately jumped out of bed and started dancing and doing victory laps around the room. I wasn't even trying to rub it in, I was just so overjoyed I couldn't contain myself!This is where it gets funny... so I ran back to the bed and said "oh my gosh, I need to take a screen shot of this so I can remember forever!" Why did I have to say that?! Of course we fight over the Ipad for a few minutes until Landon was able to start a new game, deleting the old one. So then I said "oh well, I will just blog about it and explain everything that happened." So I hop on my computer, type blogger.com/home and for some reason my internet isn't working... Guess who turned off the internet connection on my laptop? Yep... you guessed it! Little stinker! By now I should have learned to keep my mouth shut, or at least be a little more sneaky. So I reach for my phone to go call Landon's mom so that I can at least tell one person and maybe she can spread the news. Well of course he tackles me to the floor and we are wrestling over the phone for a few minutes but I just keep screaming "I BEAT LANDON AT CHESS! I BEAT LANDON AT CHESS!" hoping she would be able to hear me. No such luck. So then he hides my phone, of course. So this time I sneakily grab his phone, hold down "3" which dials his mom, and just keep my cool. Somehow he heard the phone ringing... cue wrestling, fighting over the phone, more screaming, and another phone hidden.
It was quite the eventful morning and neither of us could stop laughing. Did you know that I secretly love being teased? Shhh... don't tell Landon! ;)
I'm so lucky I married my best friend and that we spend most of our time together laughing and being silly. I never want to forget moments like these. Life is good.
Hahaha! This post makes me laugh so much. :)I love it! I can totally picture this whole event going down. Ha!
ReplyDelete