Sunday, June 10, 2012

Downtown

On Saturday we decided to go exploring downtown. I love Portland. 

We rode The Max so we didn't have to worry about parking. The Max is like Utah's Trax...but don't call it Trax, people will give you funny looks.

Portland has it's annual Rose Festival going on now, but we didn't want to spend 100 bucks so we just walked along the river and tried to sneak peaks at the fair. 

We got to see some floats from the parade and also some Navy boats for "Fleet Week." Landon was a little bummed because there was only ONE sailboat. I think the guy was impressed with all of Landon's questions like, "What is the draft on this?" and "Is it a ketch?" Don't ask me what either of those things mean. It totally threw the Navy guy off guard... getting to answer some legit sailboat questions! 

We walked along the river, crossed the steel bridge, and walked along the other side of the river. Okay I wish I could have gotten a picture of this... but you'll just have to believe me. As we were walking, we saw a group of people drawing with sidewalk chalk and they had a sign that said "Moms for Marijuana." Oh my gosh. That's Portland for ya!



I <3 Elephants 




Portland is a pretty cool city. We love living here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...