Monday, June 4, 2012

23

My birthday weekend was perfect. Simply perfect. I am so lame and didn't really take any pictures to document. But it truly was one of my best birthdays yet. I'm one lucky lady.

I was planning on working on my birthday, like any grown-up would do. But secretly I was bummed. I have always been kind of a fanatic about birthdays, including my own... and the thought of waking up early and driving to work on my special day made me a little sad. But my boss found out it was my birthday and gave me the day off...PAID! Best birthday present EVER. On top of that, they gave me a rather large gift certificate to a very fancy steakhouse in downtown Portland. Like I said, I'm very lucky.

So Friday morning we were able to wake up together, snuggle a bit, eat breakfast, and then I sent him off to work. This was priceless to me. I never really get to see Landon in the morning so just getting to wake up with him made my whole day!

Anyway, the rest of the day was spent relaxing, watching a chick flick, going to the mall for a little shopping at my favorite store, picking up lunch (I have been craving a cheese burger like it is nobody's business) and eating it with Landon at his work.



After he got off work, we headed to Seussical the Musical performed by the local elementary. Two of our little neighbor girls were in the play and invited us to come. It was SOOO cute. I think Landon almost died, but I was just in heaven. The kids were adorable.

After the play, our friends Grace and Forrest took us out to dinner at Billygans Roadhouse. Yum!

The rest of the weekend the birthday celebration continued. Breakfast at Twin Oaks Airport with Forrest and Grace followed by a half-day motorcycle ride (I felt like we were in a biker's gang... but I'll have more about that in a whole 'nother post.), lunch on the dock of the Wilamette River, dinner at the fancy steakhouse with our gift card (I felt like a princess. I have never felt more fancy in my life), walking along the boardwalk along the river in downtown Portland after our fancy schmancy dinner, movie night with friends (This Means War... hilarious!), and overall just being spoiled by my husband all weekend. He did such a great job at making me feel so special and loved!

Best.birthday.EVER.

Oh, and I almost forgot... Landon got me a new LAPTOP for my present! Ahhh! I desperately need one. My little net-book I currently use is broken and it makes it really hard to blog. I guess I won't have anymore excuses for my lack of blogging :)

I was one spoiled birthday girl! Thanks everyone for the calls/text/FB posts. I feel so very loved!!! Here's to 23!
Lovely. The only documentation of my birthday. 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun! P.S. 23 is still VERY young, so don't worry about being in your "mid-twenties" just yet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...