I had to come home early from Texas to go to work and Landon decided to stay longer because plane tickets were SO much cheaper. Plus, at the time we bought our tickets we had NO idea we would be buying a house over Christmas. When the time came to say goodbye both of us regretted that he wasn't coming home with me... we were both a complete mess at the airport. It's not fun being apart. At all.
Anyway, I got the keys to the house while Landon was in Texas. I figured I might as well stay busy so I wouldn't have time to think about how lonely and miserable I was without him.
With A LOT of help from his uncle, aunt, and 3 little cousins I was able to move into our house and set it all up... he had NO idea!
Every day when we would skype I would tell him how "tired" and "lazy" I was feeling that day and how I didn't want to pack at all...
He thought he was coming home to a LOT of work to get us moved out of the apartment...I'm so sneaky!
Tuesday night I picked him up from the airport (at 11:30 PM!) and asked if he wanted to go by the house and look at it.
Little did he know that we would be sleeping there that night :)
Moving is my least favorite thing in the whole world... but it was totally worth all the stress/manual labor/work when Landon walked in and saw this:
So priceless. I wish I could have gotten his reaction on camera :) I sure do love that boy.
We have been living in the house for 4 days now and it still doesn't feel like ours. We feel like we're staying at our parents' house and they're just not here... or we're just "playing house." It's all so unreal.
It's so fun thinking of all the memories that will happen here. I have already picked out the baby's room (no, no.. I am not pregnant!) and want to keep it completely empty... just so it's ready :)
Our list of "to-do's" seems to be growing more and more every day but we are trying to make priorities and get those things done first. Then, we'll take it one thing at a time. It's too easy to get overwhelmed, but I've heard this is how it is when you're a home owner. The list never goes away apparently.
We are just so grateful to be home owners and love it here!
What a fun thing to do! :)
ReplyDeleteI can only imagine the look on his face! I know I would be completely overjoyed!
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing! That is something I would dream of but never actually do! Congratulations again on the house.
ReplyDeleteYay!!! I'm so excited for you. Isn't having a house the very best?! We've been in ours for over six months now and I'm still as in love with it as I was the first time I saw it. Maybe even more. I STILL come home and can't believe it's really mine.
ReplyDeleteHonestly I bet that was the best surprise imaginable! So happy for you and Landon. What a big adventure!
ReplyDelete