Well on Saturday I flew--2 take offs and 2 landings! Can you believe it?! I was only controlling the yoke, not the throttle or rudder, but STILL. This is a big deal folks. I was shaking the whole time, but Landon kept telling me how pretty I looked flying the airplane :)
I guess I have to agree that I look pretty... PRETTY NERVOUS!
So how did this happen? Two words--PEER PRESSURE.
Our neighbors Grace and Forest invited us to go to lunch with them on Saturday and then asked how we felt about small airplanes. NO WAY! They are BOTH pilots too. I could hardly believe it! Forest works at Intel, rides a motorcycle, is passionate about flying, and loves to build things. He is literally Landon's twin. It is SO crazy.
So yesterday we flew down to Albany to get Chinese food (who does that?!) and while eating they asked if I ever fly the airplane. Of course I don't! Well Forest is an instructor and somehow they convinced me to fly to a nearby airport! Forest was a great teacher and everyone just kept telling me how "great" I was doing, even though I felt like I was going to puke!
Now Landon is all excited because he really wants me to get my license. We'll see about that...
But we really had such a fun time with Grace and Forest! They're also LDS and in our ward, so it's really great to already have some new friends that we have A LOT in common with!
The guys up front
Life is good.




That is so awesome. I think I would love to fly a plane... or I might be terrified? I love flying though...
ReplyDelete