So nothing exciting going on here, but I thought I'd give a quick update:
He's so cute flying it around in our big empty front room... It's too rainy to take it outside :) I love that he's such a little boy. Oh, I can't get enough of him!
-I have made three new recipes (thank you pinterest!) and thought I'd share. They were all quick & easy, but delicious.
Crunchy Cheesy Chicken (using Ritz crackers & cheddar cheese)
This was good, but the chicken itself was pretty blah. Next time, I think I'll marinate it a little more. Recipe found here.
Honey Crock Pot Chicken
This was good too--especially over some rice! I doubled the sauce recipe and I didn't use onion or red pepper flakes. We're kind of picky over here. I also added a little bit of brown sugar to sweeten it up some more. Recipe found here.
White Chicken Enchiladas
We had this for dinner tonight and it was very cheesy...and I love cheese. Definitely making this again.. We didn't add green chillies... again, we're pretty picky :) Recipe found here.
I love trying new recipes and making food for my husband. I guess you could say I'm old fashioned, but I just love taking care of him and making him happy. They say a way to a man's heart is through his stomach, right?
-It snowed! Only about 3 inches, but it was magical. I totally thought I would be snowed in and not able to go to work because in Portland 3 inches of snow is a BIG deal. They don't salt the roads or plow them. But just in time for work, the rain came and melted all the snow. I was SO mad. I really didn't want to go into work!
-Remember my big hair debate between blonde/brown & long/short (found here)? Well, I've decided to stick with my natural color, which turns out isn't as bad as I always thought it was. Ever since I was ten I have been highlighting my hair blonde, then a few years ago I started dying it dark brown. Well Landon has been begging me for awhile now to just have my hair natural. He tells me every day how beautiful I am, even though I feel pretty "blah." But I'm really trying to be happy with how I was made instead of trying so hard to hide it :) I've also decided to grow my hair out. Debate is over--long & natural light brown it is.
-We love being home owners! Best feeling ever--just knowing this is OURS and we can do what we want with it. Just the other night we JUMPED up and down on our floors just because we could and I'm always blasting music when I'm cleaning or cooking. We love not having to worry about neighbors downstairs! We have a lot of ideas and projects to make this house our "home" and I'll definitely keep you updated on the progress. We have almost finished unpacking... but still have a few random knick-knacks lying around.
-Over a month ago I saw a commercial for Burger King's french fries and have been craving them ever since. Well last night I got home and was just feeling kind of sad. So Landon whisked me away on a fancy date to BK. And oh man, those fries are definitely as good as the commercial makes them seem! After dinner we went to coldstone and on a walk through the misty rain. I love our nightly walks, even in this Portland weather :)
Life is good!







yay! everything seems like it's going well. i'm so happy for you and landon!
ReplyDelete