Thursday, January 12, 2012

Christmas in Texas

I'm just now getting to our "Christmas" post and I feel like I have a pretty good excuse. Life lately has been crazy. Good, but crazy :)

So we left freezing Oregon for sunny and warm 2 weeks in Texas with Landon's family. It was SO much fun to spend time with everyone.

Some of the highlights of the trip were:

Walking all of the GINORMOUS malls that Texas has to offer. You have not seen a mall until you've been to Texas.


my cute mother-in-law & me at the Galleria mall in Dallas

he really hates taking pictures... obviously.

Sleeping in & spending LOTS of days just hanging out and relaxing


love my little bro-in-law Dawsen. The first time I met him he was probably 6 in shorter than me. Now it's the other way around...

Making caramels with my mother-in-law Suzette. It was hard work, but I was just so honored to be let in on the family secret of heavenly caramels :)

Paint balling. OH.MY.HECK. I do not know why I agreed to go with the boys. It was me, Landon, his two brothers (Tanner & Dawsen), and his dad. We walked in and the whole place was filled with boys. There was only ONE other girl in there. I immediately panicked of course. It ended up being fun... other then some jerks who thought they were really cool hitting a girl in the neck AFTER she had already surrendered. Can you say WELT? That hurt.


Here's the zoom in on my lovely welt. oh ya, don't let that smile fool you... don't mind my red puffy eyes. I was bawling right before this was taken :)

Rainforest Cafe's Volcano Cake. Heaven!

Playing the kinect! So much fun.

Hanging out with Landon's best friends--James, Christina, Jaime, & Grant. Of course I didn't get a picture, but it was so fun catching up!

Eating out. Boy, do I love eating out. I think it is my most favorite thing to do. I could eat out every day. We went to Pei Wei, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, & Outback. All of my faves.

Christmas day (of course). We spent the morning with Landon's mom and got spoiled. Then we went to church and spent the afternoon with his dad, and got spoiled again. It was SO nice having church on Christmas this year. It really puts the day in perspective.


Landon's elves. See... they leave notes!
But the best part of the whole trip? Spending EVERY minute of EVERY day for two straight weeks with my best friend. Is it sad that I already can't wait until we're retired? I know it's a long time away... but it'll be so nice to have nothing to do but hang out with my Landon.

"There's nothing I'd rather be doing than doing nothing with you"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...